TQ question

-
Very nice to have you back David. Don't be a stranger anymore.

Wow... Friggin drooling over those TQs.

Also, what are those air inlet jets for? It looks like alien technology applied to a TQ for faster than light travel :D.. sorry I got excited there for a minute

LOL! Just two Alien eyes monitoring the performance of the carb!

Nah, just two special brass main circuit bleeds that I installed for quick-tuning
when the atmospheric changes like humidity and air temp happen. You change the bleeds to a set with a different id to 'lean' or 'rich-en' the jetting instead of having to re-jet. Takes about 2 mins VS about 30 mins to change the jets if you are that fast.

And it make a great carb even better when you can do the extra fine tuning so easily. I do this mod on all my Full Race and Monster Quad Full Race carbs and it is an option on all my builds.

I try to make all of my builds look good but it takes a long time and a lot of extra work to get 'the look' for sure, and you get the best T.Q. build possible with exceptional performance and gas mileage.

As you can see from the pics, I strip the top and base down to bare castings before I glass bead, and then detail the bare metal. It just gives the surfaces a much cleaner appearance.

I know several posts or responses have been made on the subject of throttle shaft bushings. I make my own and hand fit to the bore and clearance to fit the throttle shaft, all to get rid of that lousy shaft-to-bore slop. Then the carb works like it should, see last pic of bushing in place, with lead-in chamfer.

David

Attachments

• tq bare base.jpg
    138.6 KB · Views: 210
  • tq full race choke.jpg
    118 KB · Views: 221
  • tq top stripped underside.jpg
    136.3 KB · Views: 216
  • tq shaft bushing.jpg
    113.7 KB · Views: 186
Nice work David,those TQ's look wicked! Hey thanks too for the advice you gave me by email awhile back,very helpful. It seems like your a real busy guy!

Nice work David,those TQ's look wicked! Hey thanks too for the advice you gave me by email awhile back,very helpful. It seems like your a real busy guy!

Good deal and I am glad I was able to help you 'down under' with your carb. And if you ever have questions or need help with your cab, you have my email address.

I do stay busy these days with a full time job, managing 6 properties and hiking and mountain biking a lot on the weekends!

-
Back