traction bars help

-

bigtommy

old school power
Reaction score
i have a set of traction bars that i wanna put on my valiant but am too stupid to put em on. how in the hell do you bolt them to your left springs lol pictures of other peoples on would be a big help too.

1st..... Not knowing how to do something does not make you stupid.

2nd..... Stick the traction bars on CraigsList and buy a pinion snubber.

i have a pinion snubber but traction bars look cool as hell lol.

You may like them but most mopar fans think they look silly on our cars. Snubbers are mopars traction control. Slapper bars are for chevys. I believe our springs are built different and dont work correctly with bars attached.

well i bolted them one today and did not like them on the car haha. i guess looking cool isnt always cool

:banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:

Don't work on Mopars. If you want traction, I can tell you I love my Caltracs. I have a hard time breaking the tires loose with them.

I got a set of slappers on my Duster. They work really good.. for supporting the rear end on the cinderblocks while it awaits a turn in the garage lol..

Grant

They don't work on mopars? Could someone please explain this mopar wives tale? I Took my Dart to the track to test this theory and ran 3 times without and 3 times with them and my car. The result was a lower 60 foot with the bars. The car is a 70 340 4 speed clone with an 8 3/4

They don't work as WELL on a Mopar. Mopars have a short front spring segment that acts as a pair of traction bars already. Because the front segment is shorter than say a Camaro front spring segment, it is a lot stiffer. This inherent stiffness causes the rotational force of the rear axle to literally lift the body and plant the rear tires. This is even prevelant without a pinion snubber. Add the pinion snubber and the effect is several fold. Adding traction bars to the Mopar leaf spring suspension does not work as well because in effect, the traction bars coupled with the short front spring segment cancel each other out. In order for the Mopar suspension to work, the springs MUST flex. When you add traction bars, you are taking away a lot of that flexibility, while adding a pinion snubber takes advantage of that flexibility and turns it into traction.

-
Back