Traction bars?

-

mattq

Reaction score
I bought the car and it had these on it. So I don't have the stock shock plates.
I want to take them off and see if it helps with my problem of spinning the tires. Can some one post some pics of or dimentions of the stock plates so I can fab them up or can I cut these traction bars and use the shock mount up that is there?

IMAG0283.jpg

under car

IMAG0282.jpg

other side

IMAG0281.jpg

What rear?
Mancini sells new plates resonable, buy a pinon snubber while you are there.
The arch in the rear springs look shot.
Looks like you need some springs.

If your rear is an 8 3/4 then you're right to remove the bars and go with the adjustable snubber. Can't help ya with the plates tho. but I'm sure someone here can.

It is an 8 3/4" suregrip with 3:23's I do have a pinion snubber and it spins like crazy now with the 360 auto in it.

someone did the same thing on my 69 Dart. It has a narrowed Dana 60 and new springs so i dont even think they are doing anything but getting in the way.

Everything I have read says they do nothing I'm thinking of cutting the front of them just to see if it helps. The springs have some clamps on the front also. The car feels like it does not squat in the back when I hit the gas hard. just spins and then goes. 60ft is like 2.1sec

i would just take them off one at a time and cut the bar off leaving the plate. i bet the bars are welded to a plate any way

If you don't end up using them, can I buy or have your U-bolts that
are in the front. I need a set for mine.

They do work but you have to set.them up. when I had my stock spings I had the traction bars with spacers in between the mounting plates and the springs. This positioned the rubber snubbers closerto the spring. when I would put the car in gear the rear of the car would rise up so quickly I could hve launched a pavement brick off of the trunk LOL. The rear tires would plant nicely ond the tires would hook' keep in mind that I have not tubbed my car and it was good for a 12.50 et.

I heard for years that they don't work until I tested them at the track. 3 passes with and 3 without. With the bars I dropped 1.5 off my 60 foot. The only down side I found with them is they will drag roadkill home with you.

Back in the day that's all I used and yes they do work, like superchargeddrt said you have to set them up right.

Kenny

yes they work with worn out springs...

NO they do not work with SS springs... sounds like you need new leaf springs, if you go with SS ones just do the snubber, no bars...

cut them off put a 4to6 degre wedge in it.tracion bars on a mopar :violent1::wack:dont need them.........Artie the only thing I see them good for is a place to put a jack.....

cut them off put a 4to6 degre wedge in it.tracion bars on a mopar :violent1::wack:dont need them.........Artie the only thing I see them good for is a place to put a jack.....

The jack wont fit under mine they are to close to the ground. LOL

Kenny

Everything I have read says they do nothing I'm thinking of cutting the front of them just to see if it helps. The springs have some clamps on the front also. The car feels like it does not squat in the back when I hit the gas hard. just spins and then goes. 60ft is like 2.1sec

If your springs/snubber are working correctly you shouldn't get any squat in the rear. Springs should be stiff in front of the axle and behind the axle should seperate forcing the tires to the pavement. You may actully have a little rise of the body if your hooking up well. Lets face it, light car, 360 and skinny street radials are not a recipe for great 60' times:D.

I have a set of the Mancini shock plates that I am about to return. Ordered by mistake. PM Me if you want them.

-
Back