Traction Bars

-

Shane

Reaction score
I was reading through that "what irks you" post as I sit here bored at work after shoveling all day, and its snowing again....

Someone had mentioned they were irked by traction bars on Mopars...

Shows what I know...I was debating getting a set cause I had seen them on a few cars and thought they looked alright...but thinking back I cant re-call seeing them in person on a Mopar...

Did Mopar not use them on their cars?

Its a Chevy thing??

no they dont well for mopar but i do like the look of them.

They don't recommend using Caltracs with S/S springs though. S/S springs are designed to move freely so the Caltracs work agenst them. I here they work very well with standered leafs or the mono leaf springs.

The pinion snubber is 55 bucks from mopar.... where does it bolt up on the axle...

It will take the wheel hop out of the car

It bolts right on top of the center section in place of the factory snubber, only 3 or 4 bolts, very easy to install, yes, it does keep wheel hop down.

Mopars have the rear 4" forward of center on the leaf springs. They also have more leaves on the front section to avoid wheelhop like chevys/fords.

I put Comp engineering slide-a-link on my car(4 speed)before I knew about this site and the snubber.Dang!But my car hooks and has no bunnyhop what so ever!Also just have stock leafs.My car goes to the drags quite often and they help.I took the adj. snubber off and put the stock one back on,so they on,t work against each other.

-
Back