Trade 68 Formula S for?

-
Status
Not open for further replies.
You know….. 20 years ago I would have jumped right on it and and had it de-tuned by now.

Something about getting older i guess. Sad thing is I can do all the work needed myself……. I have gotten to where it takes a week of thinking about it to put air in the tires. lol

You know….. 20 years ago I would have jumped right on it and and had it de-tuned by now.

Something about getting older i guess. Sad thing is I can do all the work needed myself……. I have gotten to where it takes a week of thinking about it to put air in the tires. lol
I totally know what you mean. It takes me forever to get motivated to think about getting anything done. It is an age thing. But I have gotten rid of so many cars that I regret now that I just know that this would be a regretful move for you. Of the cars I regret getting rid of(and am sooo stupid for doing it) a 1968 MINT Dart GTS 383 4-speed, 1970 Dart Swinger 340 4-speed, and this is the one that kills me the most, a 1970 Challenger T/A 4-speed. Find something else to think of to get your mind on something else. Trips to the nudie bar usually does it for me. Skydiving may work also. LOL

How bout a 1972 Mr.Norm's 340 Demon?

All stock:

340 auto,bucket seats,black Vinyl top,Y9 Twanny Gold,all new wiring under hood and waiting for the dash bezels to come back from Chuck at CVV Platers they were showing alittle ware and I didn't like what it looked like.

New gears in the rear 3.73 brakes,and a complete new exhaust from Tom at accurate.

Oh yea this is a magazine car HP Mopar,Jan.1996

Thanks,
Bill

How bout a 1972 Mr.Norm's 340 Demon?

All stock:

340 auto,bucket seats,black Vinyl top,Y9 Twanny Gold,all new wiring under hood and waiting for the dash bezels to come back from Chuck at CVV Platers they were showing alittle ware and I didn't like what it looked like.

New gears in the rear 3.73 brakes,and a complete new exhaust from Tom at accurate.

Oh yea this is a magazine car HP Mopar,Jan.1996

Thanks,
Bill

Post some pics.. It sounds like it is above the value of my car though.

For an outright sale it would be in the high teen's low 20s range. I would need to think about it.

I want to explore this trade option first.

I really like this car, This would look nice in my garage. You will regret getting rid of this. Sounds like you got your car right, just need to do what you have been regretting to do. I have found most nice cars I have traded for needed some work as well. You may get something of less value that ends up needing alot more work than your car needs. Good luck with whatever you end up doing.

How about this and some cash to boot?
1972 Plymouth Duster, real 2nd owner car, 318 v/8,runs excellent, less than 3000 mile on following:rebuilt trans, complete a/c w/134a upgrade, Big "O" RWL tires and drivers quality paint&body, built as cruise night car, but has trophyed at local car shows, a great ten footer, always gets compliments when driven, rally wheels, airshocks and full tune w/ accel cap,rotor,new plug wires&plugs, flowmater exhaust.Less than 300 miles on:summit roller camchain&gears,waterpump,pertronix electronic conversion,accel superstock coil. Car has edelbrock torker intake, performer carb, chrome valvecovers& air cleaner(different than pictured).Near perfect factory interior,no rust & no smog required, Just paid 2010 lic,clean title in my name, Have owned last four years, thanks.

576181-R1-03-21A.jpg

576181-R1-05-19A.jpg

How About A 67 Big Block Dodge Coronet. Has 3.23 Clutch Posi, Dual Exhaust, White Interior. Fun Clean Driver Car. With Plenty Of Bigblock Torque When Needed

DSC01981.JPG

Picture 004.jpg

Some nice cars you got there jeremy!

thanks for the compliment. i am 28 and have worked hard to get what i have. i have 3.5 yr old twins whom if you look can see in the windows of the orange and green cars.
thanks again for the compliment. that yellow barracuda would look good in my garage with a couple other a bodies. i would really miss my big block coronet. but at least the colors would remind me of her.

I totally know what you mean. It takes me forever to get motivated to think about getting anything done. It is an age thing. But I have gotten rid of so many cars that I regret now that I just know that this would be a regretful move for you. Of the cars I regret getting rid of(and am sooo stupid for doing it) a 1968 MINT Dart GTS 383 4-speed, 1970 Dart Swinger 340 4-speed, and this is the one that kills me the most, a 1970 Challenger T/A 4-speed. Find something else to think of to get your mind on something else. Trips to the nudie bar usually does it for me. Skydiving may work also. LOL

I find that as I get older (50), I feel the urgency to get things done increases. I want to enjoy my Duster, so I want to get it done.
I got rid of a 72 340 Demon in the 80's, back when the low compression cars were still cheap. I don't miss it much, it's the 70 Challenger R/T 383, 4spd, 3.91 that I shoulda kept! Put that Cuda out of your mind for a while, at the very least, it'll be retirement cash.

thanks for the compliment. i am 28 and have worked hard to get what i have. i have 3.5 yr old twins whom if you look can see in the windows of the orange and green cars.
thanks again for the compliment. that yellow barracuda would look good in my garage with a couple other a bodies. i would really miss my big block coronet. but at least the colors would remind me of her.

I bet you have!

How do they all go like?
I see slicks on your orange beast!
An the dart looks cool too!
An the coronet :love7:

I dont mean to thread jack,
but tell me abit about them...
If theres a link somewhere explaining your cars etc
send it :)

Or just pm me.

If you were not so far away, I'd offer up my 71 Duster 340. Numbers matching with 727 trans. It's not stock, but not too radical for the street.

71 Duster Rgt Finished.JPG

71 Duster Frt Finished.JPG

69 F7 Dart.jpg

If you were not so far away, I'd offer up my 71 Duster 340. Numbers matching with 727 trans. It's not stock, but not too radical for the street.

Now that is more like it! 2 Great cars you have there.

Both the dart and duster are good examples of what I would be looking for.

I sold the Dart a little while ago, but I still have the Duster. If you were closer to KY, I'd be willing to try and work something out. My Duster may need a little detuning for you as well though. The 340 has a MP 484 Purple Shaft Cam with a Single Plane intake and Holley double pumper. Rebuilt trans with manual valvebody and 11" converter. Rearend is a posi with 3.23's, so you cruise down the highway with no issues.
You shouldn't have any problems finding someone with a nice car to deal with.
Good Luck and have a nice Holiday Season!

Not all were supercharged.

Some like mine was what Mr.Norm called dyno-tuned.

Which amounted to reworking the dist,carb and put a holley fuel pump on them and they were out lawed being the had a glass bowel.

Well was looking for something in the 68-69 era in the same shape or better then mine.

The reason for that is as we get older (i'm 63) we seem to get alittle smarter or are suppose to and that makes me wonder sometimes!

Anyway I had a 69 340 Formual s beautiful car another magazine car and somebody asked if I would sell it and I gave oput a stupid price and he said I'll pick it up this weekend.

Then I had a 69 GTS BB 4 speed 1 of 784 and ol' smart me had it at a car show and aguy from new hapshere asked if it was for sale and I said everthing is for sale but my wife and dog lo and behold he gave me a deposit and came about a month later.

So I been looking for another from that era not in a big hurry and the car I get must be close in shape as mine.

Mine was appraised for insurance and it is over the 30g's would I get that not now I don't belive maybe if the right person comes along as in the other two cars.

For now I'm just waiting for the new dash parts and them alone is 700$ so I got close to the insurance on it maybe even more I have yet to total all the receipts up and I have had this car 16 years.

Bill

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back