Status
Not open for further replies.

HillbillyRock

Wing Man
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Contact seller
Ok here is the deal, I just built the motor, fresh 302 casting heads, new Eddy RPM Air Gap, new Holley 4160 600cfm, full length headers ,stock lower end but is balenced. Just fired it up last week, went through break in, and two days later it wipes 3 of the Mopar Purple Stick cam lobes. I do not have the time to do this again, or the money, I got a kid getting ready for college and I am just broke. I have alot of money in this car and it is super solid. Floor, trunk, everything is solid, original AC car, original V8 Scamp, original power steering car. The paint is pretty good, has a couple of small bubbles around the rear glass, and lower 1/4. It does run right now, not locked up or anything like that, but it does not run correctly because of the cam. I would just like to trade for a car that is done and is a good driver. You can see in the pics my cars interior is flawless except the carpet is faded a little. It has the 7 1/4 rear but I have an 8 1/4 for it. Like I said I just want to trade for something that needs no motor work that I can drive. I am open to anything sporty with a strong motor. call me 423-839-0482 or email me (best) [email protected] I can give alot more details about the car as all is not listed. let me know if you have any questions.Here are some pics, the car is SUPER CLEAN!!!!!! I basically just want something that runs great that I can take to the track but not be scared to drive in front of people. I love this car, I am just tired of working on them for now, and want some time with my family.

100_1197.JPG

100_1198.JPG

100_1199.JPG

100_1200.JPG

100_1201.JPG

100_1202.JPG

Ok a few have asked me if the car has been chopped on or anything. It has never been cut on, the trunk is also in excellent shape with new carpet. The car is in great shape, I am just out of time, money and patience for a while. I have worked on just getting the money to build the motor for a year, and it done this,lol. I just want something fun to drive. All offers welcome, I value the car between 6500-7500.

I'm sorry for your luck man....but i just want to say thats a sweet car. and its a shame that it happend to you just wish there was something i could do to help

I'm sorry for your luck man....but i just want to say thats a sweet car. and its a shame that it happend to you just wish there was something i could do to help

Hey bro thanks for the kind words, I really appreciate that. It has been almost tramatic for me to save money and time to build it then this,lol, oh well life goes on. I bought all brand new stuff for the motor, intake,carb,cam,lifters,etc. I wanted new parts so this wouldn't happen,lol. But I am just out of money and time,plus I just tore my rotator cuff in my left shoulder so i couldn't do anything for a while anyway. But on to better things I geuss, again I will trade for anything fun and strong, A Body whatever as long as it runs good and looks decent. Oh and someone asked me about the title, I have a clear title to the car. Cmon guys let me see what you got, all this car needs is someone with a little time and you got super hot A Body!

Ok a few have asked me if the car has been chopped on or anything. It has never been cut on, the trunk is also in excellent shape with new carpet. The car is in great shape, I am just out of time, money and patience for a while. I have worked on just getting the money to build the motor for a year, and it done this,lol. I just want something fun to drive. All offers welcome, I value the car between 6500-7500.

Walk away from it for a while, Go back at it when time,money and patience permits. Trust me you will regret getting rid of it. I would be surprised if you come out on a trade deal. And it will take alot more than the 6500-7500 to get another A-body to the point you have this one now. Hell I'm sure I have a few hipo cams laying around here that I'll give to you for NADA-FREE-ZIP-NOTHING.

Walk away from it for a while, Go back at it when time,money and patience permits. Trust me you will regret getting rid of it. I would be surprised if you come out on a trade deal. And it will take alot more than the 6500-7500 to get another A-body to the point you have this one now. Hell I'm sure I have a few hipo cams laying around here that I'll give to you for NADA-FREE-ZIP-NOTHING.

I appreciate that, but I am the type that I personaly would tear the motor back down again and make sure all the oil valley's and metal shavings from the wiped cam are out of the motor. I am super clean with everything I do, I couldn't just put another cam in it, I wouldn't feel right,idk I may just be paranoid, but you can tell by my car how miticulous I am, my buddy told me my car was worth 10k idk maybe I am just trying to be fair, I got that in it easy but idk if I could get it back out,lol. Plus my boy is going to school for 4 years, I need every dime I have, and the wife said no more money on the car, I understand as I want my son to do good and be successful. My loss your guys gain as they say on flea bay,lol. I just want a hot rod, I have never had one before, I almost did, lol.

I appreciate that, but I am the type that I personaly would tear the motor back down again and make sure all the oil valley's and metal shavings from the wiped cam are out of the motor. I am super clean with everything I do, I couldn't just put another cam in it, I wouldn't feel right,idk I may just be paranoid, but you can tell by my car how miticulous I am, my buddy told me my car was worth 10k idk maybe I am just trying to be fair, I got that in it easy but idk if I could get it back out,lol. Plus my boy is going to school for 4 years, I need every dime I have, and the wife said no more money on the car, I understand as I want my son to do good and be successful. My loss your guys gain as they say on flea bay,lol. I just want a hot rod, I have never had one before, I almost did, lol.

I’m going to give you my opinion too!
Hope you don't mind.
Do not get rid of this car.
You probably like the car.
“Hot rod” is the problem.
I made the decision never to buy someone else’s “hot rod” again after my experience with a 340 Challenger somone else built.
Nice car. Wicked engine. But a pain in the butt.
You wanted “reliable”?
Get a good-used 318. People give them away.
Put it in the car. How long would that take?
And drive it.
There is a saying: “Work expands to fill available time.”
Don’t fall into that trap either.
I’ve seen people spending a “lifetime” working on the car and never use the damned thing..
Well, if that is what they want to do I guess.

Take some time and really think about it. I've owned 2 other hot rods before I bought my Dart this summer. I've regreted selling both of them and I even put the Dart up for sale on Moparts. Got a couple inquiries then I thought. What the *bleep* am I doing? I bought this car for a reason, I've already put some blood, sweat, tears and $ into it in the short few months I've owned it, why am I selling it? Mostly because I wanted a Roadrunner all along before I found my Dart. Now getting into this whole A-body thing is addictive and I know if I sold it I'd regret forsure.

Hang onto your car. In 4 years, your son will be out of school, you'll have managed somehow to send him to school and still get around yourself in some sort of manner and you'll look back on this day and laugh, and be so glad you didnt get rid of your Scamp. You've put ALOT into that car, keep it. You'll be glad you did!

I pretty much agree with everybody else here. I'd find a cheap 318, drop it in & drive it. You'll regret it if you sell it.

Nope....don't do it. Good suggestion to drop a 318 into for now.

Guys I love the car, but my shoulder is jacked up, and this is what I have to drive, my truck is about to blow up, I need this for my daily driver. If someone wants to hook me up and fix it for me I am all in,lol.

Bring it out to iowa and i've got a motor that came from a running truck ....i'll do the swap....:D you just have to bring it here first...take some vaction.....to bad you live so far away....i'd be glad to help...as i'm sure others would too....

I would do the swap myself if I had the time and my shoulder wasn't jacked up, if someone close wants to come and help and has a little 318 I am game.

I tell you guys what, if there is anyone reading this and live close to me that is a good mechanic I will bring you the car and you get it right, I don't have hardly any money at all, but maybe I could scrape some up,idk, but I am willing to try.

Thats A Clean Ride, Take A Little Time Away From It, Id Trade My 72 For It If It Wasnt So Far From Me, Fl, Ive Got Spare Cams And Misc Parts, You Do The $ For Shipping And The Parts Are Yours, Keep That Thing!

Thnaks dodgeman, yeah we are a little far away,lol. I would love to take time away from it and then come back to it, but with my situation if it is sitting in my driveway it has to work for me, or it has to go. I don't have an extra car to drive, I bought this for a daily driver,lol. I just love old cars. If I could just come back to it later I would be fine, but I can't I need a driver. You guys are great though, I got a nice car and I know that, but I need a driver and don't have the time to fix it, I just hate to see it siting out there when one of you guys that may have a little time would have it together and giving it what it deserves.

Here are some more pics of when I was building it, I have also tried to show the small bubble behind the glass, it has always been garaged to guys, I am open to any hot rod trade, I don't care what it is let me see what you got.

Picture 082.jpg

Picture 083.jpg

Picture 084.jpg

Picture 085.jpg

Picture 086.jpg

Picture 088.jpg

Picture 091.jpg

Oh forgott to add intel on the interior, it needs nothing, the headliner is great, the dash's front and back are great, no cracks or anything. It has a Pioneer CD player in the dash with 6X9 speakers in the rear. I put the CD player in the glovebox so as not to cut the original unit out, and the original still works too. Cmon guys let me see what you got.

Man if your were closer I would give you a 318 and help put it in but Im way out here in the boonies. If you get rid of it you will regret it, I have been down that road before. I hope everything works out.

I appreciate that, I am just trying to go from my mopar into another one, I am staying Mopar, I just want one with the motor done! No biggy, I am 29 years old and will pick one up on down the road. I really want to get my hands on an older Barracuda Notchback, so this is not my dream car, but I do really like it. In the end I will end up with a Barracuda( a body cuda). I can only have one car at a time so I have to trade around.

hey hillbilly i had read your post. i was waiting to see which way you were going to end up going with it. honestly i can understand your situation. i have seen it before with other guys both on here and in person. this not being your ideal car and wanting another. this car causeing you stress with the engine problem. well in looking at what you have vs. what you want you are miles ahead with what you have now. messed up engine or not. the car is solid, paint looks good, interior looks good, engine at least looks good and would be if the cam problem was gone. my take would to fix it! fix it now and enjoy it some. sit on it and get some fun out of it. then that puts you in a better frame of mind and a better position to trade it or sell it or what ever.....alot of time and money has been spent. to start over even with a car that "looks good" is going to cost you more. you know what you have and what is missing now. a new car may make you feel better now but it is going to put you back a few steps one way or the other. then you will be even more miserable then you think you are now!! step back away from it for a week or 2 or 3. then attack the problem with some professional help. that way if it is messed up again then they are responsible to fix it not you. but i think i would fix it with out a doubt to either sell it or trade it or just to be happy with it....just my 2 cents:headbang:

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back