Trading cars.

-

Fisher

Old Guy with a Cool car.
Reaction score
I have an 80 Vette which i did a 2 year body off rebuild on, and i did it because i liked the car. I have a lot of money into the car and its all new, except for paint. I have a chance to trade it for a 72 duster that was a california car, and is now in Canada 8 hrs away. It has been given a rotisserie body make over, and has a 440 4spd with 8-3/4 in it. car is yellow with black interior has run 11.60 et. comes with torque thrust wheels. My vette is worth $26,000 to me, thats what i have into it maybe a bit more. I know its hard to judge with out pictures etc, but based on the info given would this be a fair trade or do you think cash would have to go either way? It would be cool to have 2 big block dusters in my garage.

trades!????? the agreed upon difference in value between both parties is what matters $$$ wi se. that's why it is really hard to make a trade where boot is paid.
if we could get paid for " appraisal" questions of whats its worth. no one on here would have to go to a regular job!! ha

I have no idea to fair market value of the Vette., in todays world. but ask your self, what would a REAL big block A body actually sell for ???? and what is this "made" car worth to ya. that's your answer. ( if I had the Duster I WOULD want BOOT!) just me.....

I've had a few Vettes over the years and personally I rather have the Duster.

I got the hots to learn about fiberglass back in mid 90's. bought a 69 427 4 speed 4 bbl car, and did it all. it brought bout $7500 completely DONE,....new fenders, paint, int. etc ... had I had to haul it to the buyer in Wi from MO ! ha

I will stick with STEEL cars!!!!!!!

if the duster was given a rott resto if must be damn near perfect if it is it would be worth 26 grand .

Hagerty values the vette at $14k those 80's were a dime a dozen..and nothing special about them lucky if they had 150 h.p.

The Mopar will continue to increase in value while the ugly, unpopular vette will never do so. Those vettes are kinda like the Saab Sonnet. Kinda cool for their time but never going to be popular with the masses.

If you can make the trade and your happy then go for it. Don't let a few bucks get in the way of a wise investment.

Sounds like a nice car, post some pics. Problem is, the value to you is 26k. That wont be the value to him. Remember, with cars another person cannot appreciate your sweat equity.

I think valuing either car at $26k is insane, so sounds like a fair trade to me! Lol

If both cars were in comparable shape, I'd expect money to be added with the Corvette to get the Duster.

Yeah everything in the Vette is new. From front to back and i have bills to prove. The Motor is a 350, with 350 hp and 390 tq. Nice driver get 22 mpg. I am thinking i am just going to leave this deal alone, there is only 3000 miles on the vette since the body off rebuild, and i know what i have. My 71 duster i am building now will be a nice street car, i really only need one performance car, be nice to keep the vette as a driver with the A/C and stereo on etc.

Thanks for the input.

I like all muscle cars, they each have their own personality, if i won the lottery i would have one of everything.

-
Back