Tragic and unfortunately quite stupid.

-
Praying for the entire family! A trajedy for sure, sounds like a great dad!! Geof

tragic

so many questions left unanswered

I wonder if it is any consolation they died together?

Prayers sent out to the entire family and many friends this day

Sad, but that's what natural selection does.

I can see how that is sometimes easier to accept than a God who reigns supreme over the realm of man...but it also negates a reason for life

a great debate to have in another time and place

Just saw news report. Now the power company is going to be questioned. I wonder where this is going. Power was shut off for non payment. Will the power company now be held responsible?

I just can not believe anyone can start a generator in a house and not immediately smell the exhaust. Of course he likely had the whole house closed down to retain the heat, so who knows what his thought process was.

I can see how that is sometimes easier to accept than a God who reigns supreme over the realm of man...but it also negates a reason for life

a great debate to have in another time and place

It's not a matter of blame for it being placed, as that is pretty obvious to me.
Kinda back to the personal responsibility thing.

Not God, the power company or anyone else but they will try I guarantee it.

with all the news stories, internet, other types of communication, hard to believe someone is actually this ignorant.

Just saw news report. Now the power company is going to be questioned. I wonder where this is going. Power was shut off for non payment. Will the power company now be held responsible?

I just can not believe anyone can start a generator in a house and not immediately smell the exhaust. Of course he likely had the whole house closed down to retain the heat, so who knows what his thought process was.

Part of my job as a gas company service tech was disconnecting gas service for non -payment. All I can say is that Power Company better have all of their documentation in order because there are VERY specific rules in place before you can cut service.Of course it varies from state to state but in most instances you better have all your ducks in a row. As for people not knowing enough not to run a generator in the house I could write a book about some of the stupid things people do heat a home...tragic but makes you shake your head.

It probably is hard to comprehend for most folks on here. Ask why the heck did he do that....he probably didn't know. Most everybody on here works on their cars at some level. So you likely had an idea that that wasn't such a good idea. On the other-hand how many of "us" have done something, survived it, then said man that was really stupid! Unfortunately, the outcome of this was tragic.

ive done some dumb drunk things in my time , but sharing a sealed up house with a 2 stroke gasoline powered generator with a full tank spewing toxic carbon monoxide juice on my ankles wasnt one of them.

Here in MN if you don't pay your electric bill during the winter months the power company cant shut your power off due to stuff like this happening.....its a law that the power must stay on till it gets warm out in spring....even though they threaten you, they can't turn it off here in MN.

Sad story, prayers sent.

The electric bill in my house runs me about $225.00 a month with everything running on electric, heat, cooking, all appliances etc. Really expensive and very hard to try to keep up with the bill every month is a reality I live with every month. Even more now that I am injured and only receiving 66% of my wages with a sick wife and daughter and two grandchildren. Wife does not get any SSI and has been denied two times and daughter is still in High School. The cost of living these days is becoming a real issue for a lot of people and it is a very sad thing that this happeneed in the first place. There is no excuse for running a generator inside a home. But at the same point the power company did not have to cut this family's power off. These power companies get richer and richer at the expense of many people who are hurting financially.

Here in MN if you don't pay your electric bill during the winter months the power company cant shut your power off due to stuff like this happening.....its a law that the power must stay on till it gets warm out in spring....even though they threaten you, they can't turn it off here in MN.

Sad story, prayers sent.

True for non -payment... but this was a case of theft of service....not covered under the law. Sad yes but if the power companies just give away service to everyone soon there is nobody to provide that service.

These power companies get richer and richer at the expense of many people who are hurting financially.

If you truely knew the the regulations governing profit margin for private utilities you would know this is very misleading. Not in any way trying to demean these poor souls who lost their lives but I hate to see the power company get more blame than necessary. I am basing this only on the state I worked in so your state may vary.

Why didn't he just pay the power bill instead of buying a generator?

Why didn't he just pay the power bill instead of buying a generator?

Because then you can't "stick it to the man"... :twisted:

And he would have to get a jay-oh-bee... Is that what you want???

Sad, but that's what natural selection does.

I think this quote is harsh, & heartless, but there is no arguing that ignorance kills.
I wouldn't care if it was adults, but the kids never had a chance-they just could not have known better.
Still love ya Trailbeast, don't be offended, cause I'm not.

-
Back