Trailer towing with a Duster

-

71dusterdan

Reaction score
I am looking for guidance, info, suggestions etc. I am looking to buy a tear drop RV trailer next spring. I want to eventually be able to tow it behind my Duster. 340, 833od, 3:55's, late b discs, big Lincoln rear discs. I want to see the country from my Duster. How do I go about making a hitch, and setting up the car to do the job without tearing stuff up. By the way trailer weighs 1200 empty, about 1800 ready to use.

You won't even know it's behind there. Take measurements of you frame rails side to side and find a hitch that you can bolt to the frame rails...you could probably go to Uhaul or a hitch company and have one installed for 200 bucks. Or go to a junkyard and find one on a truck.

On my 69 Dart, I made one.., There is a single bolt hole in the bumper behind the license plate, , I used that as the rear mounting point, flat bar down to the tongue, then just behind the "roll pan" I ran a piece of 2x2 from each side frame rail, flat bar down to front of tongue, and used that as forward mounting point.. Towed a 16 ft ski/fishing boat for years..

hope it helps

hope it helps

-
Back