Trailer

-

muddacres

Reaction score
I bought a 16' trailer from a friend. It is titled in Alabama. He had got it to sell to make a few bucks. The owner was in a nursing home so his wife was power of attorney. I had to wait a few weeks to get those papers. I went to the DMV today everything was going so well:cheers::cheers::cheers: Then she says the vin has to many digits you have 18 and you can only have 17:banghead::banghead::banghead: son of a bi!ch. so the vin is welded on the tongue, well 18 digits.:violent1::violent1::violent1: . I called them back and tell them there is 18, they need to call Albany and we will call you back, in a few minutes, they call and you need to get it weighed and apply for a home made trailer. :bs::bs::bs: life is GRAND good old New York
Jim

I wish to hell these "United States" would, uh.........."unite" on things like titles. In Idaho, I recently bought a nice used trailer (sells new for 2200.00) and Idaho doesn't title them. This is good and bad. If it gets stolen, there is no real way to ID it should it ever be found.

NJ doesn't title trailers, RVs or boats, but they do require owners' registrations. When you sell these items, the registration card is used like a title, except it doesn't require a signature. This means that if you keep the registration on the vehicle and it's stolen, the thieves can register it legally.

-
Back