Tranny blanket

-
I have universal from RCI, it fits OK...long straps, and my headers hit part of it (had to cut a chunk out so I didn't burn them up)....good ole universal fit....one size fits nothing...lol.

In my friends Super Street (10.90 index) NHRA told him Division II that he HAD to have a Kevlar shield and not a blanket . Even if you have a SFI case . they may be dinks about this . Kevlar cases are almost impossible to install in a '66 a-body without modifying the firewall . Modifying the firewall puts you into another safety category . HE just quit Super Street and is now going Open Comp with a dial in . He has been written up in 3 or more national publications and can't get a break .

Hopefully my tranny doesn’t explode as I put 3 grand worth of good parts into it. Plus the converter is for nos and a trans brake. I guess I could get a shield but we only race 3-4 times a year. I heard that being my car was a 4 gear that it is easier to install a shield. Idk about that though. Kim
Yes it is easier with a clutch car . Other than a scatter shield and SFI clutch you can run any tranny you want . NMCA has a special class just for Tremec cars .

I have universal from RCI, it fits OK...long straps, and my headers hit part of it (had to cut a chunk out so I didn't burn them up)....good ole universal fit....one size fits nothing...lol.
I run a CSR shield on my Dart ( 408 S.B./ 904 ) had to cut a few tabs on the trans case and the top trans bolts are hard to reach, ( I put access holes in the floor to reach ) its also real close to the TTI headers but clears. I believe NHRA rules are 10.99 and quicker but I could be wrong I added mine when the car started going in the Tens as per the rules then. Although I am now going 11.50s I keep it in for safety. I went to a Divisional Open a few years ago although I was running 11.50 index the inspector still asked if I had a trans shield, I said yes I do but told him I only run 11.50s he said " oh yeah ". We ran at a National event back in 2014 and the NHRA tech inspectors never checked for it they probably knew it wasn't required for 11.50s. Keep in mind you also have to have a locking trans dipstick. I have an ATI but its only a locking plug I remove it to check the trans fluid on the regular dipstick then reinsert the plug.

FFED35A8-E0E6-46CF-AE21-A32C7EDB1957.jpeg

Last edited:
I merged both of your threads. Way too confusing about who said what on which thread. (I'm confused already)

I run a CSR shield on my Dart ( 408 S.B./ 904 ) had to cut a few tabs on the trans case and the top trans bolts are hard to reach, ( I put access holes in the floor to reach ) its also real close to the TTI headers but clears. I believe NHRA rules are 10.99 and quicker but I could be wrong I added mine when the car started going in the Tens as per the rules then. Although I am now going 11.50s I keep it in for safety. I went to a Divisional Open a few years ago although I was running 11.50 index the inspector still asked if I had a trans shield, I said yes I do but told him I only run 11.50s he said " oh yeah ". We ran at a National event back in 2014 and the NHRA tech inspectors never checked for it they probably knew it wasn't required for 11.50s. Keep in mind you also have to have a locking trans dipstick. I have an ATI but its only a locking plug I remove it to check the trans fluid on the regular dipstick then reinsert the plug.

View attachment 1715679517
thanks for the info , wicked pissa ride

-
Back