Tranny doesn't fit, now what

-
Kev,

I fabbed the mounting plate out of a flat, 1/2"-thick sheet of 356-T6 aircraft aluminum.

I have a friend who has a band saw that will cut metal, and after I made the first one, I took it to a place that has a computer-numeric-controlled, water cutter and had them duplicate the original plate, making 2 more identical plates like the original. I sold one to my friend, Lenny, in Sweden (FABO username: Swedefish); I still have the other extra one. I'd sell it for $100.00 (about what I have in it) if anyone wants it.

When I started this project, I had NO IDEA I'd ever put a blower on the car, so I left the compression ratio stock at a measured 9:1. That's with the original, dished, cast pistons, that come in a 360 Magnum.

Ideally, they should be reverse-deflector, forged 8:1, on H-beam rods, riding on a forged crank, but I made do with what I had; I'm not made out of money... LOL!

I added a Snowperformance BoostCooler alky injector, an MSD Boostmaster ignition retard unit, and a fuel cell for hi-octane gas.

With 6 drag strip passes and 3 dyno pulls, it still has good cylinder-pressure integrity (no blown head gaskets), so maybe it will last for awhile at 10 pounds of boost. We'll see...

Here's hoping...:cheers:

100_19192.jpg

100_1958221.jpg

-
Back