Tranny lines where to get them

-

DartSport340

Reaction score
Ok, I give up on the wait till next year fix..the tranny line long ago broke up front and it was replaced by a 13-14" section of rubber hose..it started leaking the other day so I figured that id get new hose and clamps and try to get that to work till next year..well that was FAIL..no ammount of clamp positioning and even 2 or 3 clamps on one side stopped that from leaking...I give up im just gonna do it right and get hardlines from back to front(the one hard line is original and solid) so where did you get yours im obviously looking for the best deal on a set..may as well do both. Im not looking for something super fancy or expensive just something that will work right and be good on a driver.

So where did you get your tranny lines got a link?

car is 1973 Dart Sport 340 with console shifter and 727 if that matters only place ive seen them so far is year one at $55

I make mine, one roll of 5/16" tubing (steel or copper) and run it to the front twice and hook it to your transmission cooler with rubber line weather it be in the radiatior or a remote cooler infront of it, also hook it to the transmission with rubber line (rated for trasnmission use or Fuel Injection use)

Im not gonna attempt to make anything or any of that I cant even get *** ***N hose between the broken lines to not leak and that included 2 clamps both sides so I just am looking places that have them pre bent and OEM type not stainless I just cant justify 2X as much $$ so far Year one at $55+ shipping seems the best.

Im not gonna attempt to make anything or any of that I cant even get *** ***N hose between the broken lines to not leak and that included 2 clamps both sides so I just am looking places that have them pre bent and OEM type not stainless I just cant justify 2X as much $$ so far Year one at $55+ shipping seems the best.

must be something wrong then, for years now on many different vehicles I have used hard line with a small piece of either transmission specfic rubber line (neopreme) or fuel injection hose on the radiator and trasmission, then double clamped it. your transmission runs less then 100 PSI. Most FI systems run 50+ infact some mazdas run 85 PSI and don't leak with FI rubber line and double clamps (also special clamps that tighten tighter)

Attachments

• FI%20hose%20clamps.jpg
    54.7 KB · Views: 137
Just make um. It's way cheaper.

Im not gonna attempt to make anything or any of that I cant even get *** ***N hose between the broken lines to not leak and that included 2 clamps both sides .

also fluid runs from the highest point, if your lines are pouring fluid out they will follow the line to the lowest spot (probably where you made the repair) and drip off there

also fluid runs from the highest point, if your lines are pouring fluid out they will follow the line to the lowest spot (probably where you made the repair) and drip off there

yup and I give up on it dont get why its leaking cant get it to stop so F it lol time for new stuff that works and does not leak lol. if new hose and 2 clamps a side(as you said the higher point isnt leaning just the lower) cant stop it cranked down repositioned and all that crap several times and I cant get it to stop time to call it a FAIL and do something different.

must be something wrong then, for years now on many different vehicles I have used hard line with a small piece of either transmission specfic rubber line (neopreme) or fuel injection hose on the radiator and trasmission, then double clamped it. your transmission runs less then 100 PSI. Most FI systems run 50+ infact some mazdas run 85 PSI and don't leak with FI rubber line and double clamps (also special clamps that tighten tighter)

I may try to find that kind of clamp..mine are just the "regular" looking ones..if it works great I guess if not new lines will :). But I may try to get that on monday.

-
Back