Tranny pan gaskit

-

Snake

Mopar Nut
Reaction score
I am wotking on a 727 witch i must of had my stupid light one last winter.thats when i should of replaced the gasket well now it is leaking.So any tips on reinstalling the gasket would help,you know ten brains are better than one . if the pan is a little out how should I address that issue as far as getting it flat.i did however change the front pump seal.Thankssss all.

Go to the mopar dealer and get the new reusable gasket and bolts for the 727.I did my dodge ram oil pan due to it rusting away and replaced both and got 1 for the 65 chrysler,not 1 leak anywhere,well worth the money,mrmopartech

They do get bent. Go ahead and hammer any dents that came from outside in back out. Use a ball pien hammer to dimple the bolt holes outward slightly.
Lay the pan , gasket surface down, on a flat surface too check it. Your goal is to have the pans mating surface as flat as the trans mating surface.
I use the dimples at the bolt holes as a torque gauge. I tighten the bolts just enough to draw my dimple back to flat and no more.

-
Back