trans and motor mounts

-

SRT_DSTRHOLC

Reaction score
Anyone know where I can get a Poly trans mount, poly motor mounts or inserts and solid mounts for a 73-74 duster? spool mounts

energy suspension has the poly trans mount , not sure bout the others

I saw ES motor mount inserts also I think, I just need the solid mounts now and I will be set

They make poly inserts for the spool-style motor mounts. But getting the old inserts out is a real pain. I haven't seen or heard of anyone making solid mounts/inserts for them. But the poly versions, also available as assemblies from Schumacher, work very well. I use them and added a torque strap/rod just for a little insurance. But I wouldn't expect them to go anywhere or break down.

I only want the insert or poly mount for the pass. side and solid mount for drivers side. I want the full solid motor mount

****...for a 360. If I cant find them, I guess Ill go everything Poly.

the poly is hard as sh#t i used the energy spool motor mount inserts and the trans mount. not epa aproved but a certain tool with a flame makes the rubber bushing removal a piece of cake.

Bumping this thread instead of making a new one..

I own a 68 Dart 340 and want to get Poly Engine and Trans Mounts.. I live in Ontario so any one here know a place to order them here in ONT/ Canada ?

Reason for them is my cam shakes the motor a bit with the old style mounts I want to stiffen it up and also hoping to stop the headers from knocking when motor moves...

Sorry for stealing the thread ,,, just thought it was simpler then making a new one

i will be using poly mounts 73 up
trany mount done motor mount insert will be here saturday

Attachments

• Picture 193.jpg
    96.5 KB · Views: 116
  • Picture 194.jpg
    86.6 KB · Views: 128
How hard was it to get them in? and where did you get them from?

Are the 73 up mounts beter than the 70 type motor mounts ? And can they be used on a 1970 /

oreilly auto parts
its easy no big deal

That's fine if you want garbage parts. If rubber parts aren't made in North America, I ain't buying them. And, NO, I have no abolsute rejection of foreign stuff (I think we should be making more things here, but that's another discussion for another day). I've bought enough motor mounts made in both India and Korea to know that the Korean mounts are vastly superior to Indian, but neither are as good as old USA worn out parts.

-
Back