trans brake question

-

mopowermatt

mopowermatt
Reaction score
Ok this might sound stupid but I'm going to ask anyways. I'm trying to put together a motor that should maybe hopefully make 500 horses on the bottle ok and I have a stock 999 tranny with a turbo action reverse manual valve body from cheetah. what if I get a tranny brake how long will it last? How dangerous is it? and most importantly will my car do a wheelie? ok ok I know you can't answer that but will it help me out a lot.

It didn't sound stupid until you got to the wheelie part. Don't know what will go first, the trans, driveshaft,rearend, motormounts, torque convertor and of course the frame has been tied and you are running probably a 10.5 slick and you have the fuel system to feed this beast, and the rear suspension to hook it, and the axle shafts and spool, .......................................................

Every body with a 318 and a hemi grind cam and a bottle thinks that they can automatically run 10's. Don't work quite that way. If it was that easy anybody could do it.

Just depends on your car and how many times you hit that little button.... :thumblef:

The thing to do is start breakin stuff---replace it with better parts. Fix it faster. As for the trans----get a blanket and let her rip. Btw the little button(dont really need that for 500hp) will break stuff. And if your trans has a rev v/b its not stock. My duster has a 727 w/a cheeta trans brake, and a 5200 conv. and the drums,clutchs,bandsect is stock.(yes i do have the bolt in sprag) I havent broke any thing the first year(best Et 10.71@127). But launching at 5000 w/tbrake, some day i will break something,when that happens you fix it with a stonger part. Oh and the whellie thing---dont worry about it, it will happen when its ready.

-
Back