Trans brake

-

MomsDuster

Reaction score
1) is it better to have a trans brake and never use it, or need one and not have it?

2) are there any negative aspects to having a trans brake and not using it except for $$?

The number one issue I read about is they don't have LBA (low band apply)

They do if you buy one from John Cope. Cope Racing transmissions. Low band apply and a clean neutral.

They do if you buy one from John Cope. Cope Racing transmissions. Low band apply and a clean neutral.
Can you elaborate? I'm not familiar with the terms low and apply or clean neutral. I apologize for my ignorance on this subject.

You can get low band apply from almost any of the makers of the trans brake...just gotta ask...Had 1 from tranzact of indy but did not like it...

1) is it better to have a trans brake and never use it, or need one and not have it?

2) are there any negative aspects to having a trans brake and not using it except for $$?

Street car or Race car?

Check out AandA Transmission they have more than one valve body to pick from. I have been drag racing with Rick's transmissions since 1993. Only problem I ever had was self inflicted. Great people to deal with. I average around 500 pass, before it needs to be freshened. That's in a 2850lbs. duster running between 8.70 to 8.90 in the 1/4.

-
Back