Trans Dapt Rant

-
hey i have the same problem also with those tarns depot mounts. i can not engine level either in my car.doesn't matter what i do.its still uneven. my headers hit the pittman arm and idler arm also. i have my mounts the same way as u do. its a 71 dart with a 440 in it. go with schumaker mounts. i here there alot better mount.

I will never buy these again. But I will fix these it's a matter of principle.

you would think , getting enough complaints, they would have fixed this issue. maybe they havent really had their asses chewed. i used the Schumacher mounts with no problems whatsoever. and to think i got razzed for spending more money lol

you would think , getting enough complaints, they would have fixed this issue. maybe they havent really had their asses chewed. i used the Schumacher mounts with no problems whatsoever

They had that I don't care attitude.

I bought the same kit as you for my 67 Dart... the bolts were sort of cheapo but it bolted right up and motor is level no issues.

Attachments

• 4405.jpg
    57.7 KB · Views: 141
  • 4407.jpg
    65.3 KB · Views: 152
i once made the mistake of buying some trans dapt wheel adapters. i cant believe no body has been killed using those things, they are made of cast aluminum and cracked the first time i torqued them down, and the reps kept telling me they were gauranteed unless they crack. so i asked them, what the hell else can go wrong with them? they were complete jerks to me on the phone, so i took a hammer to them, boxed them up and sent them back.

heres what guy did with his trans depot mounts to get them to work. he has slant six k-member as well.

Attachments

• 440.jpg
    93 KB · Views: 144
  • 440 2.jpg
    67.2 KB · Views: 145
  • 440 3.jpg
    79 KB · Views: 130
  • 440 4.jpg
    90.7 KB · Views: 129
  • 440 5.jpg
    105.5 KB · Views: 127
It looks to me by your pics that the Trans-Dapt mount is wider then the Schumacher mount. Not the pad but the mount itself. Measure the bolt holes where it bolts to the block to the flat where it rest on the pad. I bet they are taller.

It looks to me by your pics that the Trans-Dapt mount is wider then the Schumacher mount. Not the pad but the mount itself. Measure the bolt holes where it bolts to the block to the flat where it rest on the pad. I bet they are taller.

It's taller. The metal braket is where the problem is. The rubber is just a modified 318 mount.

get the mounts to work yet? i ended just sayin screw it with mind trans dapt mounts. i tried everything and no go. i ended just gettin the schumaker mounts.

I said screw it and put them back in the box. I had a DC k member so I put that in. No problems now.

get the mounts to work yet? i ended just sayin screw it with mind trans dapt mounts. i tried everything and no go. i ended just gettin the schumaker mounts.

I have the Schumacher shims, came with my headers. But you can't shim down. My problem is the engine sat too high on the driver's side and shimming the passenger side wasn't an option as it would interfere with the heater blower motor.

If the shimming part is an issue just shim it? Schumacher sells shim kits and they even come in some of their complete kits. The k frames are not all the same and vary a lot so shims are needed sometimes.

http://www.engine-swaps.com/Pages/ProductsType/ShimsAccessories.html

I said screw it and put them back in the box. I had a DC k member so I put that in. No problems now.
thats cool. the trans dapt mounts are half *** mounts.poor made quality. everyone i talked to says use the schumaker mounts u won't problems there right.

thats cool. the trans dapt mounts are half *** mounts.poor made quality. everyone i talked to says use the schumaker mounts u won't problems there right.

I have Schumacher mounts on my Duster and had no issue's with them. Just thought since the Trans Dapt mounts were copied from the Schumacher mounts I would try them, Big mistake.

-
Back