Trans. is in HELP

-

pettybludart

Reaction score
well I put in centerforce dual friction clutch and Lakewood bellhousing,t.o bearing,new fork.Buttoned all up now clutch seems to be engaged.I,ve done this job a few times with no probs. with car jacked up hit brakes car wants to die.Any suggestions??I got so mad I,ve done quite a bit of work to it the last month.I called a tow truck to take it to a friends shop so I don,t do something I,ll regret.Any help??thanks.Oh yeah I didn,t force the two together.

The most common for clutch to be engaged all the time is for the disk to have been installed flipped front to back. The taller side of the disk presses into the flywheel bolts. It won't feel forced together.
A few months ago I ran into the same problem but was caused by a different issue, I used a Hays disk in a McLeod pressure plate. The Pressure plates appeared identical. The only difference in the disks was that the Hays antichatter springs were just a little bigger.
No adjustment would get it to work. Only after pulling it out and looking more closely, (We even rigged it up in a press to check that it actually unclamped the disk) we finally saw that the 3 fingers on the Hays PPlate had reliefs machined in them to clear the springs. The McLeod fingers without the reliefs would jam into the springs before the clutch released and kept the disk spinning.
If I had a Hays PPlate and put the smaller spring Mcleod disk in it would have been no problem.
I wish you good luck so you don't have to pull it out.

Hi.When I installed the centerforce clutch it says on it FLYWHEEL SIDE so I know I put it in properly.With the Lakewood bellhousing the fork hole is about 4"x2 1/2" it,s very hard to see anything.The cars at the tranny shop today so I should here something today.I,m sure it will be something real simple(stupid).Man the fork was pretty hard to get on the throwout bearing gotta have patience.I,ll post the problem later.thanks for imput.:clock:

Well I had to modify the bracket that holds the z-bar ball on the side of the Lakewood bell. now it lines up perfect.Clutch is working good,went to the track today.RT.201 60ft.1.81 [email protected] .I,d like to get the 60ft. down but I,m happy for now.

center force requires 500 miles before pounding it in the ground,,,,lol

but some people believe break it in like your going to drive it,,,

I didn,t pound it to the ground.If launching at 2500 is pounding it.I,d like to know what your launching at?I,m sure it,s alot higher rpm.

just replying,,if you read the center force instructions they ask for 500 easy miles,,to seat the disc

For some unkown reason there was no instructions in the box or guide tool????????Thanks for the headsup though.

also center force recomends removing the over center spring on the top of your clutch pedal when usinf a diaphram pressure plate,,good luck removing that spring its a pain in the rear,,

There was a post in here where a guy said,push clutch pedal in then insert washers and spring basicly falls off.I,m gonna try it.I,m sure it won,t be that easy,nothing ever is when it comes to changing from original.I NEED to race!! $%&*% rain!!

Just wondering I,ve been looking at the 5 star alum.rims welds are pricey,Summits are like 1/2 the price.Do they compare??

weld wheels are really cheaper then most after market wheels,,,its all what you like and the look that you are going after,,

my cars best reaction time so far is .030 & best 60 foot of 1.64

do low profile tires help with reaction time? these are what the weld drag lites look like

535599ac.jpg

e08b1d3f.jpg

heres an old pic

e1fc2b25.jpg

In the summit catalog Weld Pro Star 15x10 $246.95
Summit Star 15x10$129.95 Now these rims look almost identical.Could there be a weight difference?Skinny,s for the front are also $100 cheaper.that,s $$440 cheaper a set.I,m gonna call in the morn. see if any weight difference.

11.83 @ 118.42 mph so far...looking into getting a hood scoop so i can run it open carb

Just sold a factory pair of scoops for your car.They were in excellent shape,but they were painted gloss white.Wrong year for my car so I grabbed a snorkle scoop at Moparfest in august.Now me happy=P~

-
Back