Trans Kickdown Linkage

-
Reaction score
I recently acquired a 1967 Dodge Dart GT convertible with a 273 V8 with 2bbl carb and auto trans (904). A part of the kickdown linkage for passing gear is missing. What do you think of the Kickdown Cable Kits? Do they work well? Are they difficult to put in? Which cable kit would you recommend? Thanks.

what part is missing? There were 3 rods:
carb to bellcrank
bellcrank to trans pivot
pivot to kickdown lever

all are readily available here from members. I believe I have a set if you need to know dimensions. 2 and 4 were different carb to bellcrank lengths. Id run a linkage far before I ran a cable.

what part is missing? There were 3 rods:
carb to bellcrank
bellcrank to trans pivot
pivot to kickdown lever

all are readily available here from members. I believe I have a set if you need to know dimensions. 2 and 4 were different carb to bellcrank lengths. Id run a linkage far before I ran a cable.
It was the rod that connects to the throttle linkage on the carb (hope I described it correctly). As soon as I posted this, my nephew found the part and ordered it for me. Thanks and have a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year.

cool. dont drive it without the kickdown in place, it will damage the transmission. If you need to drive it, wire back the kickdown on the transmission about 1/2.

Just did linkage last week on a 904. The members out here have it. Cosgig was awesome last week & sent me a free one. 6pak2go also sent me one. Stay with it you can find them.

20171210_151627.jpg

20171216_172139.jpg

Yep. Buy a cable setup from an efi b van or full size truck. You have to modify the efi mount end to work with a carb, but it is is reasonably easy to do, works fantastic and costs next to nothing at a wrecking yard. Some of the aftermarket cables are just the b van cable anyway. Unless you are doing a full on resto the cable is far superior. More room under the car, smoother operation ect.

-
Back