Trans line decision

-

srixon4406

TURBO TOAD
Reaction score
OK my question is I'm getting ready to installing my /6 turbo motor and 904 in my 62 valiant its going to be a street strip car and I was wondering about the trans line should I run hard pipe lines or steel braided or I can get hi temp heavy duty hyd line from work is there any rules against running a soft line? I'll be running them to a trans cooler with 6an fittings and the trans has a rev manual valve body with a 3200 stall and also I'm having a 904 with a transbrake been built but I need to get some cash together before that happens
Aaron

on my "built" trans I went with hard metal line to the fact they dissipate heat to give a slight aid in the cooling. metal brake lines create way more psi than trans lines do so their also very safe, stronger than most common rubber hydraulic hoses out there also

meant to add any of those options you listed will work if correct material is used, obviously braided would look sweet, hard lines would be most praticle and rubber would be pricey and look good also. it all depends on your preference and budget.

I went with high pressure Steel braided rubber lines on mine. They are easy to attach, and you can run them anywhere you want on the frame rails up to your tranny cooler.

I'd bend up some hard line.

I also ran the stainless flexline,easy to route also great for trans removal(strip):burnout:

this you'll be amazed how in the long run this will make you life easier the only issue with AN line is leaks(at the fittings) seems like they leak for me at first until they get some heat through them

I was leaning toward either the steel braided line or the high temp high pressure hydraulic line but the draw back with the hydraulic line its a little bit on the heavy side compared to the flexible line but on the plus side my downpipe will be down the driver's side between the frame rail and the trans so there is potential for some heat issues
I didn't no if there's any rules for the track about a soft line compared to a hard line
Thanks FABO
AARON

-
Back