trans linkage bushing help

-

74valiant

Reaction score
i have a 74 valiant. i need the round rubber or plastic?? bushing that sort of locks the linkage to the trans. it is used in at least two spots on the linkage. went to the dealer and they dont have them and i cant seem to find anyone who carries them. can any one help, my linkage is being held together by tape at the moment:angry7:

the original color is white and can be purchased at R/T specialties. If you wnat the blue version which is a current color from Chrysler, just walk to the local dealer pn 3467800

Joel

ok i went to the dealer and it was the wrong p/n. anyone else have an idea? it is a round rubber bushing

The blue replacement shifter bushing have a sloppy fit.I purchased the blue ones but didn"t like the fit ,so I located the white bushing which is close to the original.If you go to Ebay and type in Mopar trans linkage shifter bushing you will see some vendors selling the white bushing.When installing the bushing make sure they instaled correctly because it is a very tight fit.

What about this?

Jerry

Grommets.JPG

that looks like it!! whats the p/n if they are stilll stocked at the dealer???

You can see it on the package: 03575333

If your dealer doesn't have them, get him to do a search of other dealers nearby.

Jerry

Looks like the confusion was in relation to which part of the linkage the bushing was for. This smaller bushing allows the linkage rods to snap in place on the newer linkages as opposed to the early linkage rods that used the wire clips and washers. The other large bushings greenish blue or white are for the Z-bar pivot points on both column and floor shift automatics. This post has been informative in that I did not know about the tolerence differences in the green vs the white bushings.

yeah, this bushing is used twice at least. it is used on the sheet metal arm coming off the trans to hold a rod in place. the rod is not a z bend but not like that matters anyway. it is also used on the opposite end of the rod where the linkage is attached to the car. thanks for the help guys. im gonna be driving from california to michigan in this. ill make sure to take plenty of pics and let you guys know how it goes!!!

What they call a Z-bar on the manual clutch linkage is not really a Z shape either but they are in a similar location, transfer motion the same way and look similar. Keep us posted. I am going to probably use parts of both types on my 68 since the column lever uses the wire clip and the shift arm is a pop in....

put the new bushing in a few days ago and am now on the road. ive gone through cali, arizona,colorado, and nebraska. im sitting in some ramada in the middle of nowhere wishing i was in michigan already!!! the drive have been good for the most part so far with a few minor complications. car overheated a little in death valley so we stopped for 20 or so. after that my temp gauge quit working. i also unfortunatley hit a dog in the middle of arizona in the desert. i swerved to miss him, but i got him anyway and did a 180. i was pretty intense to say the least, and i now have a decent dent in my front quarter. hope the rest of the trip goes a little smoother!! i got lots of pics , ill be posting them up in a few days. thanks for all the help guys

jason

-
Back