trans swap ?s

-

DUSTPAN340

Reaction score
well I'm taking out the 4 speed and putting in a 727 in my wifes car...I know ....why would you want to do that..well...it will be more driver friendly and more consitant for her for everyday use and at the strip..I FEEL...

questions are since I have never done this swap before...what do U all have to change to do this swap...I know driveshaft...flex plate..trans lines...trans cooler..converter..and new pedal assm

but what else..trans crossmember differant??? and this else...all help would be great

Thanks

wayne

Crossmember the same you need to take the floor homp of and put in and automatic one.
I will take the hump if you dont keep it let me know.
Hope this helps

The slip yoke is probably the same

You don't HAVE to change pedals, you could just yank the pedals apart, take out the clutch pedal, and put it back together with appropriate spacers, etc

You don't HAVE to use a cooler radiator, just get an external cooler

I would not chop up the floor, the hump makes a great place to mount an aftermarket shifter

Speedo connection is different on some/ later years.

Make sure the converter balance matches the engine (what engine you run?) or buy an aftermarket flex which will run say, example, a 360 with a neutral converter

Not knowing what year??? your wife's car is, and what year the engine / 727 (converter) is, sometime long about 67/68 they changed the coverter snout larger in the later models. You can bush a late engine for an early (smaller) converter but not the other way around

well the car is a 1971 Demon the car is Mint...just was missing a engine and trans...was a 4 speed car as stated...the engine going in is a 416..so I picked up a working 727 trans for 75.00 with converter..but having it built so it can handle the 416...

your right 67Dart273...I'm going to put a plate over the hole in the hump because it will make a good place to mount this little item I picked up for her... :smile:

wayne:burnout:

Attachments

• 228164_2360686272555_558128355_n.jpg
    93.2 KB · Views: 93
-
Back