transdapt good brand?

-
There a good company and there products are fine.

Those wheeladapters are fine for general use but should be checked every now and again for cracks so they don't break apart while driving down the road and fall out.

I'm using their conversion engine mounts vs the Schumachers due to the $90 price difference and they work great so far.

And those mounts are only good to 1972 right?

Any exp. with the wheel adapters DartGuy?

Yup, the mounts are not the spool type. The only difference I can see is the corner cut off is already done on the Schumachers for the oil pump clearance and I had to do it myself on the TD ones. It took about 5 minutes with a grinder and cut off wheel.

I've never used wheel adapters- I swapped to Yukon axles to get the BBP

Soooo, mild clearancing was needed. Good to know.

http://www.summitracing.com/parts/TRD-7066/?rtype=10 so i dont have to buy axles its a easy motive

I have never had a problem with TransDapt products over the years but I am just leary about wheel adapters in general. If I were to use them, it would depend on the material they were made out of and I would get them specifically for my application instead of universal. For the ones you are looking at, if you don't plan on blowing the hides off, they should be ok.

If i were you i'd buy Lbp axles,or have your's redrilled for Lbp i wouldn't trust those adapters,and if you plan on going to the track at all,i believe they're not legal to run...

If i were you i'd buy Lbp axles,or have your's redrilled for Lbp i wouldn't trust those adapters,and if you plan on going to the track at all,i believe they're not legal to run...

stroked, do they actually check for those? I wonder if they really start looking at a certain level/bracket.

Damn, mopardart72. You are all over the place with your posts and it sounds like you have some money burning a hole in your pocket.

Take a deep breath. Slow down and form a plan.

I suggest you not buy anything until you have a clear plan written down on paper.

And when I say "plan" I don't mean……

I want……

A hood scoop, wheel adapters and a new speedometer (3 of your recent posts)

Picture your car finished. Only things that will get you to that picture should be part of your plan.

If you are seriously looking for wheel adapters, you might want to check out the 4 wheel drive guys. Last Jeep magazine I saw had a couple of companies offering adapters...

If spacers are needed, I would avoid the cast units from TD, and use a billet spacer instead. The billet vendors can build the spacer to your needs, width wise, and also with stud diameter in most cases.

you are right formula lol but i do intend to race the car but not at the track
:snakeman: jk but all jokes aside im just trying to get it running and trying to gain knowledge from the only who know it best....you guys, im coming close real close and i just want a simple fix for right now to get it to auto mechanics shop and out of my dads hair. i think i might just leave them SBP in the rear for right now until i get the money to get lbp axels. and the speedo is because my plastic was warped on the front of my gauge when i bought the car. thats for safety purposes

stroked, do they actually check for those? I wonder if they really start looking at a certain level/bracket.

I really don't know if they check,but they're not legal to run at the track, i suppose if your running 14's-13's..it won't matter, but i wouldn't take a chance running them on my car thats for sure...

-
Back