Transmission Body contact

-

ken5124

65 Valiant Signet
Reaction score
I was under the car 65 Valiant, and noticed that my transmission is right tight against what appears to be a peice of rubber on the transmission tunnel ( top of Trans) near the back.

Is this normal.. Should the transmission case come into contact with this ??

I ll ask this another way..

Should my transmission be up tight against the tunnel at the top near the rear of the trans?

Their appears to be a peice of rubber between the 2.
Perhaps my Transmission mount is not correct??

I am thinking this would create some vibration?

Help

Anyone with an early A know the answer or has a picture of their mount and the amount clearance for a 904 Trans ?

Thanks

It,s tight,but shouldn,t be touching.Hows your tranny mount?Have you checked it lately?Not much but a bolt on the early -A,s.

I used the Trans mount that Schumacher sells..It's about 7 years old.. 9000 km's on the car since installed.. but like I said It is definately touching..

I wonder if I have the correct one.

Here is a pic of the one I used, it is a repo.

tm34.jpg

Thanks ... Do you recall, does your transmission come into contact with the tunnel at all, Do you have a chunk of rubber mounted up in the tunnel?

I have a feeling the mount I got from Schumacher is the wrong one.

I remember it was close but no it did not touch. You should not be getting a vibration or sound, because that is not right. I do think the rubber at the back serves the purpose of dampening any sounds as well. I know my tranny rested slightly against that piece, but it also seemed to serve the purpose of keeping the trans lower away form the top of the tunnel. Man you are having no luck with vibrations and sounds this year.

I Sure am not.. Went to Brandon yesterday... car was shaking at 60 mph so I slowed a bit, Got home, Put it up on jack stands, and ran it up to 60 mph in gear..

Left rear tire not running straight... That tire was balanced 3 weeks ago..
Put the spare on, spun it up again and that shake is gone..

So.. next weekend, I am going to take a real close look at this trans contact issues and see what I can do to lower it down..

Going to see if Piston Ring can get a factory replacement mount, or if there is any way to modify the one I have to drop a 1/2 inch or so

-
Back