transmission cooler lines

-

diymirage

HP@idle > hondaHP@redline
Reaction score
hey guys
i have a 71 duster with a /6-904 that im hoping to swap a 360-727 combo in this winter
the 727 came out of a motor home and the person who pulled it cut the cooler lines towards the front of the motor so using the stock lines from the 727 is not an option

so, my question is this, will the cooler lines of the 904 line up with the 727 or should i count on needing to buy new lines?

thanks guys :)

Regardless of whether the ends would wind up in the correct place, I doubt the bends along the engine for a slant would fit a V-8. If like my 64 slant, the tubes snake up over the driver's engine mount, which would be inside the block area of a V-8.

It isn't hard to bend the tubing yourself. I bought 5/16"D steel tubing on ebay and used a cheap bender. Had to do a few re-bends, but looks fine, and didn't take long. Much easier to do with engine & tranny outside the car.

thanks for the advise Bill, thats a good point (the /6 is slightly differently shaped then a v8)

im just trying to get all my duckies in a row before doing the swap and this is just one thing i noticed needs attention

-
Back