Transmission Help 727

-

WIFENAMEDCARPOS

Reaction score
Ok guys after searching internet back to pros on this web site.
Picked up transmission from guy in garage said came out of RV I no nothing about.
Need help identifying PK 36404-14 105 4309 Thanks.

First Tranny I bought pulled pan and found all of the clutches in pan.

Looks like out of a 73 truck, small block and long shaft also has a timing hole in the bell housing. Sounds like it may need a lot of help.

Timing hole is used in vans and motor homes because it's so difficult to see the balancer marks. "Lot of help", LOL, you said it..........all of the clutches in the pan

Might be an OK starting point depending on what you paid. I've bought transmissions that WORKED for 100-150. The one in my 3/4T 01 Dodge (46RE/ overdrive) I paid 300 for

You could have some better parts it being a truck transmission, such as 4 pinion planetaries, 3.8 lever. I used a truck 727 in my 69 GTX which had those parts and the bell housing inspection hole.

The truck transmissions that have extra clutches and planetaries typically are listed as "HD" transmissions. This one is not. I just pulled down a similar 72 vintage truck 727, non HD. It had none of the good bits.

The truck transmissions that have extra clutches and planetaries typically are listed as "HD" transmissions. This one is not. I just pulled down a similar 72 vintage truck 727, non HD. It had none of the good bits.

I looked up my trans (PK3897784) and it shows 76-77 Dodge truck 8-400 and 440, no mention of HD. Maybe different for big block trans but it did have 4 pinion and 3.8 lever. Cheap enough parts if his is missing them.

Timing hole is used in vans and motor homes because it's so difficult to see the balancer marks. "Lot of help", LOL, you said it..........all of the clutches in the pan

Might be an OK starting point depending on what you paid. I've bought transmissions that WORKED for 100-150. The one in my 3/4T 01 Dodge (46RE/ overdrive) I paid 300 for
Thanks

Thanks

Thanks

Thanks

-
Back