[Found!] Transmission mount 2405872 for '65 Barracuda

-
Status
Not open for further replies.
The 2265836 shown on Imperial services is for Belvedere and Coronet according to the parts book, although they are for V8 not 6 cyl. My car is a 273 V8.

The 2265836 is correct for all the '62-4 A-body models with all engines and transmissions.

Well, the parts book doesn't indicate that, but if you know the difference(s) I'd like to know what they are. How much do you want for it?

1684969243205.png

The disclaimer plainly states that 1961 is for the 225 only, '62-'65 for everything else, all engines, all transmissions.

Hard to say what the differences are without having the two side by side. I bought the single stud version shown to fit the '65 V8 A body, but when I compared it to the original 2405872 two stud from my car, the single stud is 1/4" taller, even though it will fit. I just don't know if I want the trans raised a quarter inch.

Original 2-stud in the center. Modern single to the right. NoS 2-stud to the left

View attachment 1716093908

I have the same original mount (center) and I also have the right mount w/one stud, just bought it from Oreilly's. I don't recognize the mount on the left, sure doesn't look like NOS to me.

Here is how my original two stud mount compares to the one stud currently available version.

DSC_6249.JPG

DSC_6248.JPG

I believe you're correct. I've decided to install it and if the additional height becomes a problem I'll deal with it then.

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back