Transmission mounts, engine mounts

-

breakstuff

Reaction score
Is there a difference in mounts between the slanty and v8 trans?
I'm trying to install a 727 and the mount seems a bit too tall and my tail shaft will not fit into the floor pan cross member.

Also if anyone has any pic of their motor mounts in could you please post them up?

Bueller........Bueller.........Bueller.........Bueller.............Bueller

Anybody?

I have heard, to install a 727 in a early A, you need to clearance the pinch weld where the firewall meets the floor pan.

I have heard, to install a 727 in a early A, you need to clearance the pinch weld where the firewall meets the floor pan.

I got that squared away by moving the the trans tunnel up 3". It's just that pesky cross member that runs from frame rail to frame rail over the trans tail shaft.
You wouldn't happen to have any pictures of your motor mounts would you?

Help, I'm in dire need of a pic for the early A motor mount brackets. I'm in the process of building headers and want to get this engine right where it needs to be before I start mocking them up.
I just need to see which engine bracket goes where

Have you found the info you are looking for? Maybe I missed something but what year and model car are we talking about here and what size V8 are we talking about? I just dropped a 318 with a 904 in my 66 Valiant last weekend so it is quite fresh in my mind. Dennis

From what I read here before the 727 is bigger at the rear and needs mods to the torsion bar crossmember to fit up in there. The /6 and 8 have the same mount.

-
Back