Transmission service

-

Billbo

Reaction score
Hi all. Im going to service the transmission in the near future. Its a 904 Tourqueflite. I was told that using the Ford TQ95 fluid gives you a little more bite between shifts. IF this is true will it change (lower) the stall point of your converter. Has anyone done this?
Regards
Billy D...

25 years ago Type F was the poor mans trick shift. Not sure if it really made a difference.

If u plan on never servicing ur tranny again stick with Dexron 3. The type F was/is known for deteriorating seals. When I built Ford trannys years ago if caught soon enough all we really changed were the seals. Then Ford switched to dexron in 1976 or so. Yes it will shift a little better with the F. U may get a little more stall as F is a little thinner. Kim

It was sort of recomended for harsher shifting. Don't get me wrong I was looking to reduce the stall down a little not improve shiftnig but as stated its thinner that won't happen. All in all I will not jeopardize the box. I have been using Vavoline dexron III since day one. Box shifts perfectly. It was just a question whether it will lower the stall point.
Regards
Billy D...

It’s probably best to call a converter manufacturer cause I could be thinking backwards here on the stall increase. TFs were made for dexron and that’s all I have ever used. I do know ppl that do use type F. Kim

It’s probably best to call a converter manufacturer cause I could be thinking backwards here on the stall increase. TFs were made for dexron and that’s all I have ever used. I do know ppl that do use type F. Kim

I still use it , no problems .

I use type F as my 727 was built for it. No problems whatsoever..... so far.

-
Back