Trash.......................Literally

-

inkjunkie

Reaction score
Took our 15 cans of trash to the dump today. Our last trip was in December of last year. Cost us $31.00 then and $31.00 today. We live in a rural area, no city pick up. Need to have dumpster. Last time we checked, about 3 years ago, a 1 yard dumpster picked up weekly was around $50.00 a month. So if we had pickup the 5 months of trash i just got rid of would have been $250. Getting rid of your trash sure is pricey.....

We got the same situation, so me and my nieghbor decided to split It, costs me about 100 bucks every 6 months,...I burn all paperwork and cardboard in my firepit,...bottles, cans and plastic go to the town hall for recycling,....compost a lot...

I remember when I was a kid we had the family dump out back in the field,...use to go out there and shoot at bottles, and old farm trucks,...It ain't cool, (I mean green) to do that anymore....

I guess I need to be thankful they don't charge us here. I'll start diggin a hole if they do.

Damn that. I'll have to fire up my stove too I guess.

They have free dump day on Saturday, once a month here.
It is not worth the hour or two wait in line.
City garbage here is 35 bucks a month, and they pick it up once a week.

We recycle what we can. Keep talking about a compost pile, just have not done it yet. We do burn all the yard waste. Pretty sure the summer burn ban has started but we will just pile it up until September or so when it gets lifted. Would much rather haul it myself than pay the company that collects out here.

we pay 20 a month and have to segregate yard, trash and recylables in 3 cans. Funny thing is Waste Management, the company that runs this scam, is making hand over fist in the recycling of the crap we PAY them to take. So...we got 3 guys that are about an hour in front of the trash route that hit all the blue recycle cans for everything that is an AL can or plastic bottle. At .05 a pop, that adds up, I guess. WM was even considering putting a lock on the blue cans so they didnt get pilfered, but the trashman union said "No way" to that as it would actually make them have to get out of their fully automated can grabbing trucks to pop the lock...Good for the scavengers, I stop them every once in a while and show them my pile of scrapped car parts. rusty Cast Iron is about $5 per 100 lbs, an old 273 block would have fetched me $7.50, thats lunch on the way back minus the gas and the back ache from hauling that out of the truck. I gave it away and made a new friend.

-
Back