Tree limb fell on my Scamp. Need some advice

-

71 Scamp

Sick Boy
Reaction score
After some heavy Florida rain I found a huge tree limb sitting on my 71 Scamp. I'm going to need to replace the windshield, some trim and the vinyl top... bummer.

I found this site while I was searching the web for replacement parts. I'm glad I did. I've spent the past 3 days reading the threads and checking out all the car pics posted here. I'm amazed at the wealth of knowledge contained here. That being said, I could use some advice...

I need to track down some Windshield Trim. Is eBay my only hope?

What other models/years would be compatible for the windshield trim?

Where can I get a new vinyl top?

scamp 1.jpg

scamp damage1.jpg

scamp damage2.jpg

scamo damage3.jpg

any 71-76 Dart, Scamp 2 door should work. Place an add in the parts wanted section. Bet some one here has what you need.

That trim is universal to all A-bodies 67-76 except convertible, Duster/Dart Sport. The glass in a 4 door is 2 inches taller than your 2 door but you could trim those 2 pieces of stainless if needed. May as well order some new trim clips and a trim removal tool. Someone here should have it. Do you need top too or just the bottom piece (shown) ?
The gasket can be reused in most cases provided your willing to clean it. It's a chore. Get the sheet metal as correct as possible to prevent leaks.

I just need the bottom trim piece. The gasket is in good shape. I'll clean that up no problem. I'm hoping that it's not going to need any sheet metal work but I'll know for sure as soon as I pull the windshield. Any ideas on where to get some vinyl for the top?

sorry to hear about your bad luck, i also live with many large oak trees towering over our house and cars and have had several dents from falling limbs. its very aggravating to come out and see damage. anyway about the vinyl top, i think the paddock had it a few years ago when i got their catalogs.

-
Back