Tremec Tko-600 Swaps

-

doofsduster70

1970 duster 340
Reaction score
Well I Went A Different Route Then Kiesler And Classic Mopar 5 Speed And Bought A Kit From Geoff At Gerko Enterprises. The Kit Cost A Little More Then The Others And He Will Only Sell You The Peices You Want. As Far As Fitment I Will Start The Install And Include Pics. But Geoff Is Very Helpfull And Will In Most Cases Call You Right Back If He Cant Answer The Phone Since He Is A 1 Man Show.

haven't got very far have had alot of crap happening hopefully I will get the trans on the bellhousing and the floor cut and modified since I am waiting for my flywheel to get my flywheel cut.

You have my attention too as I'm seriously considering a 5 or 6 speed swap.....

well I dont think there is a kit that in a A-body you dont have to cut the crossmember I was mocking up the trans today also got the hydro. master mounted and peal modified. next i have to box the crossmember back in then sheetmetal the floor

trans7.jpg

trans6.jpg

trans5.jpg

Thanks for posting the pics, I'm doing the same swap on a '67 Cuda and it's not the easiest thing I've done.

-It looks like my speedo cable will be hitting the crossmember. Do you have the same problem?

-The top cover on your TKO looks different than mine. Did you make it? I imagine it would help with crossmember clearance since my top cover is a bit bulky. I cut out the entire center section of the crossmember and am now re-creating it from 2x3 square tubing. Not fun!

Scott

yea it does hit what i did was hole in the crossmember so it will fit. i made mine out of 1/8 by 2 inch u channel and 1/8 plate. My only advice is to not complicate the design of the crossmember keep it simple and strong.

well it is in and went down the road a little its been in the 50's at night so the car really needs to be tuned plus the gas is allmost a month old but it seem that the trans is working fine. the thing really needs to be tuned and i need to play with the clutch a little. but all and all its worth it.

Nice work. Now you can put in a set of 410's and still go down the freeway at a sane RPM.

That realy sucks you have to cut the cross member. Do you think there is any way around having to doing that?

No, the tremec is just too big. but if you have frame connectors it will be ok to cut it and rebuild it with out worrying if its going to shift or anything like that.

-
Back