Trick Flow 440 heads, The Real Deal?

-
Younggun how's the car running with the new engine? Any more strip time on it?

In that pic The head looks pretty tight to the block. Doesn't look like there's enough space to close that gap

Car runs awesome! It’s an animal! Got tossed from the track for running mid 10’s with no roll bar. That was on tires that had the belts showing. Put new tires on and did 1/8 mile grudge race event. Car 60’ a 1.419 and 1/8 mile 6.50 @ 104. I’m expecting low low tens. It also killed the trans and converter. I was slipping bad in high gear and cracked the converter snout. Trans is at CRT right now and COAN is building me a verter

I finally have my 451 with tf heads in my dart I can't wait to have it rolling again.

Sent the pic to trick flow,they said this is correct spacing,just need to put an 8th inch bead of silicone on each side when installing the intake

Sent the pic to trick flow,they said this is correct spacing,just need to put an 8th inch bead of silicone on each side when installing the intake
I wonder if the ARengineering plate fits tighter than that

here is a pic of my 440 with the trick flow valley pan and 240 heads,is this space to big???

View attachment 1715171375

View attachment 1715171376

Wonder why they left such a large gap on the sides? I machine my valley plates so they flush with the deck at standard deck height.
AR300Ad (Medium).JPG

I would disagree that that is the plate for an RB. I have one on mine with the 270's and it fits almost flush to the heads. If you want to measure yours corner to corner and let me know what it is I can check that against mine and see. With that big of a gap I would be worried about the RTV blowing out with any kind of pressure in the crankcase.

Wonder why they left such a large gap on the sides? I machine my valley plates so they flush with the deck at standard deck height.
View attachment 1715171473
Not sure I was hoping you would know,they said this is the way they are ,I sent trick flow a pic they say its normal
I would disagree that that is the plate for an RB. I have one on mine with the 270's and it fits almost flush to the heads. If you want to measure yours corner to corner and let me know what it is I can check that against mine and see. With that big of a gap I would be worried about the RTV blowing out with any kind of pressure in the crankcase.
reply,I was told a low deck would not even bolt up,I measured it,8 7/16 or so in the center from side to side

Not sure I was hoping you would know,they said this is the way they are ,I sent trick flow a pic they say its normal

reply,I was told a low deck would not even bolt up,I measured it,8 7/16 or so in the center from side to side
also 19 inches long on each side

I am not sure what the difference is between yours and mine but you do have the correct one. Those are the same measurements I get for mine. Odd that you have the large gap and I do not.
im going to take the head gasket off the block and set the heads on and check,also make sure the heads are on the dowels all the way,this is the only other thing it can be unless anyone else has and idea???LOL

im going to take the head gasket off the block and set the heads on and check,also make sure the heads are on the dowels all the way,this is the only other thing it can be unless anyone else has and idea???LOL
any way took the head gaskets off and put the heads on without them,heads laid nice and flat against the block and still this gap of about 1/8 of and inch,maybe slightly more,Im stumped if this plate measures the same as yours then why do I have this gap?something different about my heads?I also tried the intake by setting it on and it lined up exactly,AndyF what is the width of your valley plate?

I don't know... looks like it would work fine with the batwing to me.

I don't know... looks like it would work fine with the batwing to me.
sending the trick flow back,may just use the old tub intake gasket,less screwing around with all this,so many fitment issues with all this stuff,trying to use newer made parts but not liking all these problems,I've sent back more parts in the last few months because of figment issues

sending the trick flow back,may just use the old tub intake gasket,less screwing around with all this,so many fitment issues with all this stuff,trying to use newer made parts but not liking all these problems,I've sent back more parts in the last few months because of figment issues

Actually the batwings in the pic are not even lined up,they are resting down on the valley plate,when I raise the batwings and line them up with the intake holes there is still a wide space,something's not right,this plate is not made correctly,not wide enough on a rb with the 240 heads,beware of this

Actually the batwings in the pic are not even lined up,they are resting down on the valley plate,when I raise the batwings and line them up with the intake holes there is still a wide space,something's not right,this plate is not made correctly,not wide enough on a rb with the 240 heads,beware of this

This is why I made myself

-
Back