Trick Flow heads

-
I hear you and agree with what you are saying which is why I called Mancini to begin with, however when their own employee said he wouldn't recommend running the Mancini rocker, I bit the bullet and went with the HS's. I'm already $5k over my engine budget, what's another $400... :D
true enough :) I'm building a weak little motor.. they should be ok for my 300hp

I hear you and agree with what you are saying which is why I called Mancini to begin with, however when their own employee said he wouldn't recommend running the Mancini rocker, I bit the bullet and went with the HS's. I'm already $5k over my engine budget, what's another $400... :D

That employee is an idiot and should be fired. He sent you down the rosy path of wrongness. Just stupid on his part.

I can tell you that I doubt you will ever abuse a rocker arm or valve train like I have. IMO, needle bearings on a shaft that bad are a horrible idea. All that does is make the rocker weak. That’s bad.

I ran Crane Gold rockers for years and never broke one. That’s with 340-360 pounds on the seat and as high as 900 over the nose. At 8500 RPM. Sometimes with steel valves.

IMO I’d send those back and get the Mancini rockers without the needle bearings.

Look around. T&D, Jesel, Manton and probably others ALL make bushed rockers so you don’t have to run needle bearings on a reciprocating shaft.

They also make them in steel, because in most cases it’s better. BUT, for what you are doing those Mancini rockers are a better product.

Leave the needle bearings for the little diameter shafts. And the Chevy guys.

I am running Mike's B3 kit with PRW 1.6 oil through push rods I also got from Mike. On my 2000 360 magnum engine and Trickflow heads. My lift with 1.6 Rockers is only 594. But I have been thinking about buying thr huges 264/268 solid cam for my engine. I think Mike told me the PRW are rated to 700 lift. But I don't remember if thst was solid flat tappet or solid Roller.
To the op what size Roller cam are you going to run?

Supposed to get mine in June. Ordered them bare as I want to match springs with the cam. Currently have a solid flat tappet but want to go roller.

HP has zero to do with rocker selection IMO...it's all about the springs you'll be running. I like Hughes now for anything that doesn't require a steel rocker but any decent aluminum arm including the Mancini cheapy is fine unless you're needing open pressures of 700 and up (just my own general rule there). The advice to talk to Mike/B3 is spot on.

Got my back ordered Trick Flow heads yesterday and had to open the box to see these sexy beauties. I’m glad I did because I found out that these heads require specific head studs (or bolts), specific rocker shaft studs (or bolts) and specific rocker arms! I was fortunate enough to receive a 10% off coupon that I used when I placed the order from Summit a month ago but had no idea I needed to order more stuff to use these heads. I’m pissed off at Summit for not making that clear when I placed the order….ok, I’m pissed at myself for not doing the research. lol

So today I placed another order to get the right head studs, rocker shaft studs and Harland Sharp roller rockers and boxed up all the wrong parts I had to send back. $1287 later, I have what I need coming on Saturday.

I know someone will tell me I could have gone with Mancini rockers instead but that’s not true. I called Mancini and was told their rockers were designed for standard geometry heads and not to be used in high horsepower applications with Trick Flow heads.

View attachment 1716077415

View attachment 1716077416
Those are purty! I've been very happy with my TF heads.

Got my back ordered Trick Flow heads yesterday and had to open the box to see these sexy beauties. I’m glad I did because I found out that these heads require specific head studs (or bolts), specific rocker shaft studs (or bolts) and specific rocker arms! I was fortunate enough to receive a 10% off coupon that I used when I placed the order from Summit a month ago but had no idea I needed to order more stuff to use these heads. I’m pissed off at Summit for not making that clear when I placed the order….ok, I’m pissed at myself for not doing the research. lol

So today I placed another order to get the right head studs, rocker shaft studs and Harland Sharp roller rockers and boxed up all the wrong parts I had to send back. $1287 later, I have what I need coming on Saturday.

I know someone will tell me I could have gone with Mancini rockers instead but that’s not true. I called Mancini and was told their rockers were designed for standard geometry heads and not to be used in high horsepower applications with Trick Flow heads.

View attachment 1716077415

View attachment 1716077416
Which springs & retainers did you get?

HP has zero to do with rocker selection IMO...it's all about the springs you'll be running. I like Hughes now for anything that doesn't require a steel rocker but any decent aluminum arm including the Mancini cheapy is fine unless you're needing open pressures of 700 and up (just my own general rule there). The advice to talk to Mike/B3 is spot on.
I'll call Mike on Monday. As of right now, I have 2 sets of rockers since I haven't sent back the Comp Pro Magnums yet and the Harland Sharps just got delivered.... lol

I am running Mike's B3 kit with PRW 1.6 oil through push rods I also got from Mike. On my 2000 360 magnum engine and Trickflow heads. My lift with 1.6 Rockers is only 594. But I have been thinking about buying thr huges 264/268 solid cam for my engine. I think Mike told me the PRW are rated to 700 lift. But I don't remember if thst was solid flat tappet or solid Roller.
To the op what size Roller cam are you going to run?
660 lift, 254/268

Are you guys with the trickflow heads going with trickflow Retro-Fit Rollers? Any recommendations on a cam?

I was thinking about getting these heads later on, but I noticed they need roller rockers. I have a flat tappet Edelbrock #2177 Performer-Plus camshaft, so I would need to upgrade the cam, rollers, and rockers (additional ~$2.4k). It's starting to snowball quick. Maybe I should just go with the Edelbrock RPM heads? It seems like less money overall.

Are you guys with the trickflow heads going with trickflow Retro-Fit Rollers? Any recommendations on a cam?

I was thinking about getting these heads later on, but I noticed they need roller rockers. I have a flat tappet Edelbrock #2177 Performer-Plus camshaft, so I would need to upgrade the cam, rollers, and rockers (additional ~$2.4k). It's starting to snowball quick. Maybe I should just go with the Edelbrock RPM heads? It seems like less money overall.
I went with the mancini rockers, they are made by harland sharp and are around $550... And it's not cheap but with how bad edelbrocks quality control is now i wouldn't count on their heads even bolting to a block.

You’d be severely wasting your money on TF heads if that’s the cam you intend on using. If you wanted to buy aluminum heads at a later date just get a set of Speedmaster heads during their Black Friday sale.

Edelbrock heads are trash now? Would I need to send them in to get a once over before installing?

I was looking into Speedmaster heads but aren't they knock off Chinese Edelbrock heads? I'm not sure I want to support knockoffs. Or does Speedmaster manufacturer the heads and Edelbrock just slaps their name on it?

Has anyone been running them for long?

Thanks

Edelbrock heads are trash now? Would I need to send them in to get a once over before installing?

I was looking into Speedmaster heads but aren't they knock off Chinese Edelbrock heads? I'm not sure I want to support knockoffs. Or does Speedmaster manufacturer the heads and Edelbrock just slaps their name on it?

Has anyone been running them for long?

Thanks
Edelbrock has severe QC issues... (someone else here and i recently got intakes that wouldn't even bolt up to motors properly) Speedmasters have issues but most seem to be fine once they are taken apart, cleaned and checked....
I went with TFs so when i want to ramp up power i wouldn't spend the money twice.. plus i trust their parts more than edelbrock by miles...

Edelbrock has severe QC issues... (someone else here and i recently got intakes that wouldn't even bolt up to motors properly) Speedmasters have issues but most seem to be fine once they are taken apart, cleaned and checked....
I went with TFs so when i want to ramp up power i wouldn't spend the money twice.. plus i trust their parts more than edelbrock by miles...
In all fairness to Edelbrock, once the issue with the intake was brought to their attention, they acted quickly to resolve the issue and the intakes are even better than they were before.

In all fairness to Edelbrock, once the issue with the intake was brought to their attention, they acted quickly to resolve the issue and the intakes are even better than they were before.
not for me.... basically got "Bummer...we might have one in 6 months and it might have the same issue"

not for me.... basically got "Bummer...we might have one in 6 months and it might have the same issue"
Sounds like you got the shaft which sucks but Edelbrock addressed the issue and the intakes that have shipped since are great.

Sounds like you got the shaft which sucks but Edelbrock addressed the issue and the intakes that have shipped since are great.
Yeah... i know (i think it was PBR) got new victors and they are fine...mine is a RPM, was told they won't be doing another run for months and not sure if it will be fixed... My main issue is paying over double what the same intake is for a chevy and having to grind the **** out of it just to get it to fit the motor.. (didn't come to rant yet here i am) :)

Yeah... i know (i think it was PBR) got new victors and they are fine...mine is a RPM, was told they won't be doing another run for months and not sure if it will be fixed... My main issue is paying over double what the same intake is for a chevy and having to grind the **** out of it just to get it to fit the motor.. (didn't come to rant yet here i am) :)
Sorry to get you worked up, wasn’t my intent…. lol

T&D has the rocker for the Trick Flow. Michael,B3racingengines,sent them a head to use for set up.I spoke with him last week.
Thanks go out to him!

Trickflow heads and Harlan/sharp rockers. You did not go wrong!

FEDEA586-CF2A-4125-ACC2-716F250A7D92_L0_001.jpeg

-
Back