Trim ring help

-

7duster4

Reaction score
I just purchased a set of trim rings for 14 inch wheels. I got them from Jegs yesterday brand new and are the polished type. Every one I opened seemed the same. They look great until under a florecent light. Looks like there are very fine scratches through out the surface. I tried Never Dull, no change. Then I tried Meguiars Mag-Aluminum Polish. Seemed to remove some of the hazyness and bring up the shine. But the fine scratches still remain. I know these are not the brushed type of rings because those have no shine at all. These are made by Wheel Vintique. Any ideas on what can fix this? Are they supposed to be like this. Spent $100 on trim rings, they should be perfect! Im sure there isn't much that can be done but thought I would ask just in case.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

DSCF5445.jpg

I'm guessing those are stainless steel and not chrome plated. Stainless can look a little more like chrome with a lot more machine polishing. Another 100 dollars worth maybe.

I'm guessing those are stainless steel and not chrome plated. Stainless can look a little more like chrome with a lot more machine polishing. Another 100 dollars worth maybe.

Yes, these are made of stainless steel. I have a few other polishing compounds but haven't tried them yet. You think one of those powerballs like mothers would help out?

I have the same ones. Its a stainless brushed finish. I think they look good but if you don't like them your stuck with that look.

-
Back