Reaction score
Went on a little drive this summer.

Beartooth pass.
100_1804.jpg

Big rock thing.
devilstower.jpg

Beartooth again.
beartooth.jpg

Luckily I had 1960's four wheel drum brake technology to slow me down!
sign.jpg

Alternator blues in Sheridan WY.
altfix.jpg

Nice view.
cliff.jpg

100_1823.jpg

Yellowstone.
000_0082.jpg

100_1936.jpg

Aside from being sick and lying in a Days in for 16 hours, it was a good trip. Had to do the new style alternator trick and ground the third wire to make it work on my 65. Drove 19 hours back home straight from Yellowstone to get home for a car show. That was a haul!

MN to Yellowstone and back. 2500 miles, 20mpg, 1 quart of oil.

Hey Mike, that "big rock thing" is Devils Tower....:D

Good to see you here again, been awhile neighbor! Cool pics, thanks for sharing, the last one is my favorite

Thanks for the pics, your car is well loved and it shows. Wow 20 mpg that is good especially considering the the mountains.

We took our 78 GMC motorhome with the olds 403 up that pass back in 2006. nearly overheated during the night going up the steep side (west side) when we started, stopped for a while, then got over the top the next morning and boiled the brakes on the last corner going down the other side. Oh, and instead of having a 2/4 disc to drum ratio, we had 4 discs and 2 drums and still boiled the fluid. Very cool but scary.

Thanks for the pics, your car is well loved and it shows. Wow 20 mpg that is good especially considering the the mountains.

I think the mileage was a little less in the mountains, and even with a 9 to 1 273 four barrel, she sure was a turd up there! Ran great on 85 octane though.

Cool pictures,thanks for sharing.To me,the best taste of Americana cruising the rural roads in a classic/musclecar.Reminds you of the freedom and enjoyment of the road.Happy Motoring!(lol).

The photos were beautiful and the car ran great, what else can you ask for. I applaud you :)

Don't forget this one, my favorite :glasses7:

Attachments

• DSC02807.jpg
    152.6 KB · Views: 137
Those bikes are cool. I used to ride a 1966 BSA Lightening hard tail
with the Easy Rider paint scheme. I always liked the old BSA and Triumph
bikes.

-
Back