Trivia time

-

dustermaniac

Reaction score
Trivia time: In 1974, psychologist John Voevodsky came up with the ________, which helped decrease automobile accidents

Was it: the horn, the side mirror, anti-lock bakes, third brake light?

Anti lock brakes.Bosch fuel injection started 74 to 76,similar technology.

Yup. Its called sure track. Its even got its own light on the dash. When i slam on the brakes it lights up.

The Oldsmobile Toronado, with it's trunk-mounted brake lights suffered less rear end collisions than any other car at the time, and it was attributed to those upper brake lights according to a retired cop friend of mine.
That was the car that got the ball rolling so to speak, for 3rd brake lights.
Personally, I hate the damned 3rd brake light. I know they most likely help some, but even today, they still look like crap to me. LOL I guess because I remember before they were used.

i dont "mind" thrid brake lights
but i absolutle deplore them when they are mounted on a spoiler

What Psycologist invented that? :D

There are secret meetings to when they are allow to give those out. I would guess the meetings are on Sunday and the "prize" is handed out on Monday. But what do I know, I'm not a Psycologist.

Actually Mopars had a center brake light as far back as 1941, unfortunately it was the only brake light, the outer lights on the fenders were for running and turn signals only. They ran this style of rear lighting up until mid 49 when they changed to the more conventional style brake/turn/tail lights (one light on each fender)

Here's a shot of the ***-end of a 41 DeSoto with the center brake light above the trunk handle.

View attachment 1941 desoto.jpg

-
Back