Truck Alignment?

-

Ricks70Duster340

Child of the King
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
I know it's not an "A" body, but my son has an 85 Ram Truck and needs an alignment. Does the skosh chart also apply to trucks? If not, what should the alignment specs be?

I know it's not an "A" body, but my son has an 85 Ram Truck and needs an alignment. Does the skosh chart also apply to trucks? If not, what should the alignment specs be?

Is it 4x4 or 4x2? If 2WD then to an extent yes you can go by the skosh chart. By 1985 the factory specs should be pretty close to that anyway. 4x4 will have front leaf springs which don't offer the same adjustability.

My '72 D200 is 2WD and the current alignment is very "neutral"; little to no caster, camber or toe. I want to turn up the caster a couple degrees so the steering has a little more feel and is more self-centering.

I would guess no. Wouldn't those have primarily been radial tires by then?

Is it 4x4 or 4x2? If 2WD then to an extent yes you can go by the skosh chart. By 1985 the factory specs should be pretty close to that anyway. 4x4 will have front leaf springs which don't offer the same adjustability.

My '72 D200 is 2WD and the current alignment is very "neutral"; little to no caster, camber or toe. I want to turn up the caster a couple degrees so the steering has a little more feel and is more self-centering.
It's a 2WD truck.

I would guess no. Wouldn't those have primarily been radial tires by then?

Skosh chart is intended for radial tires...

I'd shoot for -0.5* camber, +2.5* caster and 1/16-1/8" toe-in, "Typical Performance Street" row in the chart.

-
Back