truck bed coating on inside floor?

-

7dart0

Reaction score
i was going to paint the whole interior of the floor with truck bed coating for some good rust resistance and to seal things up.

what do you guys think, and do you have other suggestions.

tom

If the floor is rusty, you first need to deal with that. I would certainly paint the floor before using liquid bedliner.

it will seal it up but it will also seal in the water..... so now you have rusty steel rusting away underneath the bedliner.... till there is no more steel but bedliner holding your car together....

actually there if little to no rust under there. i pulleed the carpets and its still the body color.

It will be OK if no moisture comes in from underneath. Get underneath the car
and seal every nook and cranny with seam seal. Use a rag with paint thinner
on to smooth the bead. You can get seam seal at a body supply shops or at auto
parts stores.
Darryl

should i just use regular paint then? im trying no to create more problems just prevent rust from coming.

i was going to paint the whole interior of the floor with truck bed coating for some good rust resistance and to seal things up.

what do you guys think, and do you have other suggestions.

tom

I have seen it used in real life. My Barracuda convertible will have it if that tells you what I think.

The liquid bedliner also helps to keep down noise inside the car. I like the Duplicolor product because it actually has bits of rubber in it.

Yeah, you sure want to treat any rust, even light surface rust, on the panels before covering them with anything.

Good to know about treating the surface rust first. I plan to use this in my trunk.

:)

We used it on the floor boards of my son in laws dart and it worked good. We did deal with any surface rust first though.

I cleaned any surface rust areas with a scotchbrite pad on my floor followed up with Rustmort ( a rust neutralizer) then I put two coats of black rustoleum paint down.

-
Back