Truck CalTracs on an A body?

-

Burntorange70

Reaction score
There is a guy that comes in to the feed store I work at that has an 03 3/4 ton chevy. He has a set of CalTracs on it with his stock leaf springs. He said he does not want them he will give them to me.

So I was wanting to know if they will fit on my Duster. What would it take to make them work. I would think they would. May need to be shortend some do you think?

Impossible to tell without knowing the specifics of the truck. Front segment length, spring width, front spring bolt diameter etc. I'm sure the basics are the same so you can probably make them work.

Russell,

If you can inspect the shock plates and get measurements for the plates (u-bolt spread, force bar drop from plate face), cantilevers (c to c of bolt holes and spring mount hole + angle) and bars, I can possibly tell you if they will work. The force bar length is easy to adjust, cut the end out, shorten and re-weld.

I had a set of tracks that I measured from a friend. Let me know if I can help out.

Biggest question... how much?

Russell,

If you can inspect the shock plates and get measurements for the plates (u-bolt spread, force bar drop from plate face), cantilevers (c to c of bolt holes and spring mount hole + angle) and bars, I can possibly tell you if they will work. The force bar length is easy to adjust, cut the end out, shorten and re-weld.

I had a set of tracks that I measured from a friend. Let me know if I can help out.

Biggest question... how much?

Well he said he would give them to me but will see what goes down. I will get some measurements from him next time he is in. But if it is free I think I will grab it any way.

Thanks for the help Rob and Guitar man.

Get them and you can mod them s required.

You can buy the cantilever/pivot and spring bushing from Calvert if you don't wnat to make your own..

Ya I think I am going to get them and make them work. I was thinking of making them my self any way and this should save me some work. The price is right any way.

-
Back