Truck Dash Cover

-

Small Block

Reaction score
May happen on to a 99 SWB Dodge pickup and it's in need of a plastic dash. The one that is way up under the windshield. How someone could break something like that i'll never know. Anyone know where to find a cover or even a new one. Do they make em after market? Any ideas guys? Thanks
Small Block

Around here, it's rare to find a good upper dash panel for those trucks. Poor quality plastic is my guess. Not enough UV protection in it.

May happen on to a 99 SWB Dodge pickup and it's in need of a plastic dash. The one that is way up under the windshield. How someone could break something like that i'll never know. Anyone know where to find a cover or even a new one. Do they make em after market? Any ideas guys? Thanks
Small Block

dodge sells them and you can get a cover off ebay

Here go to LMC Truck they have new ones not covers but actual replacements. I am sure it is alot cheaper then going to Dodge too. Oh they actually break starting at the screw holes by the windshield from being over tightened by the factory and they don't flex very much. After years of UV damage they get really brittle. Look into using some rubber washer when you replace it so it can flex and twist a little too.

http://www.lmctruck.com/icatalog/de/t.aspx?Page=132

Geno's garage has them also i saw some on ebay that were made from fiberglass not plastic.Cracked dash on the 95 and up rams are common problems my 98 had a perfect dash till 2 years ago then seemed like overnight it fell apart,bad uv protection and using armorall or protectants on it caused the brittleness of the plastic some say the screws up near the windshield are another cause they were tightened too tight and when the cab flexes and the expansion/contraction from heat/cold cracks form. You won't find a used dash in good shape if you do it will probly crack sooner or later.I personally am going with the fiberglass one.

-
Back