Truck help.

-

Bunker45

Reaction score
I have a 2000 ram 4x4. When I use the LH turn signal it blinks super fast. When I use the RH turn signal, it blinks normal. Any suggestions as to what this means?
Thanks

Probably have a bulb burned out on the LH side

X3

Not enough load to make the bimetal bend very far so it returns faster.

If it's not that, it could be a crappy ground at the bulb.

Also my brake controller for trailer brakes is not working. All works normal with trailer attached, except brake controller.

Also my brake controller for trailer brakes is not working. All works normal with trailer attached, except brake controller.

Well, that might change things a bit. I would guess you have the 7 pin plug? If so, pull it apart and look for corrosion in there. The road salt gets in there and wreaks havoc.

When you put it back together use some dielectric grease on everything.

Trailers in general.. Load for additional bulbs would make the vehicles flasher operate faster. Common cure was a heavy duty flasher like a hazard flasher.
The typical operator error was not disconnecting a boat trailer before backing into the water. Trailer lamp fixtures never were as water tight as their designs suggested. Result was blown bulbs, short circuits, blown fuses, or worse. Anyway... Check bulb operation all around.

-
Back