Status
Not open for further replies.

gilberttitan08

Mexican Hillbilly!!!
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
Contact seller
Hey guys I got a dodge w200 powerwagon, doing a slant 6 turbo project. I’m looking for a slant 6 np435 bellhousing, flywheel, clutch, and pressure plate. Or would a clutch and pressure plate work of a small block set up? Thank you.

I tried to look this up for you in the factory literature but was unsuccessful. The NP435 is a heavy duty unit and likely used an 11" clutch with a 14? tooth flywheel. The typical Small block V8 uses a 10" clutch with a 130 tooth flywheel. There is a definite relationship between clutch size and flywheel size/starter ring gear tooth count. Wish I could be more certain of my info for you but wanted to urge caution in presuming they would interchange and function properly. Given your working on a 4wd I'd urge more research on fortrucksonly.com or a 4 wheel drive truck forum. Looking up replacement clutch's at a local parts house might give you an idea of what to look for as well.

Last edited:
I tried to look this up for you in the factory literature but was unsuccessful. The NP435 is a heavy duty unit and likely used an 11" clutch with a 14? tooth flywheel. The typical Small block V8 uses a 10" clutch with a 13? tooth flywheel. There is a definite relationship between clutch size and flywheel size/starter ring gear tooth count. Wish I could be more certain of my info for you but wanted to urge caution in presuming they would interchange and function properly. Given your working on a 4wd I'd urge more research on fortrucksonly.com or a 4 wheel drive truck forum. Looking up replacement clutch's at a local parts house might give you an idea of what to look for as well.
Thank you, I appreciate it.

I have no doubt that what you want exists. Dodge put slant six engines in medium duty trucks. I've seen one in a late 60s D500 dump truck with my own eyes. Now, the bellhousing may be so hard to find, that you end up using a small block bellhousing with an adapter.

I think i have one, but im 150 miles from my stash. Give me a couple days

Hey Gilbert, I think this truck has what you are looking for.

1977 Dodge Truck - Castanet Classifieds

The price isnt too bad, and remember that is Canadian dollars.... That looks to me like the big transmission shifter poking through the floor, not the 833 OD shifter.

Gilbert,

If you are at all interested and want me to look at this truck let me know. Perhaps we could do a part out deal, I will send you what you want and keep the rest? Message me if you want to discuss.

I have a 65D100 /6 hyd clutch 3 speed. Would that be it? It might be next year till I get around to pulling it (have BB mts/bell/4 sp (435? & a 440 going in). If you think this might be it at least I will take some pics underneath if that will help you. RR

SAM_0824.JPG

SAM_0822-002.JPG

SAM_0819.JPG

Local yard, has a Slant with a cast iron bellhousing on it. It is loose and in one of the engine bins. PM if interested in more information. Dave S.
dona Ana NM

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back