True accident story

-

ab7fh

Reaction score
A friend of mine owns a bodyshop. He just got a late model Toyota in which had damage to all four corners of the car.

The cars owner is in her '80s. She had just moved to a new home with a carport. When she pulled in she hit the right front fender. She backed up and hit a rear panel. She pulled forward again and hit the other fender, then went into reverse and hit the other quarter panel.

The women called State Farm and told them what happened. They told her that she is responsible for FOUR $500 deductibles!! They said that each hit was a separate accident since at any time she could have stopped the damage by getting out of the car and letting someone else move it for her.

Kind of harsh, but I can see their point...

She has probably been paying for that insurance for 50 years, never a claim, then they want to sock it to her. I though all of the commercials were talking about accident forgiveness. If I was her, i would tell them I never came to a complete stop, so it is one accident. Nyanny nanny boo boo!

She has probably been paying for that insurance for 50 years, never a claim, then they want to sock it to her. I though all of the commercials were talking about accident forgiveness. If I was her, i would tell them I never came to a complete stop, so it is one accident. Nyanny nanny boo boo!

They said each time she put it in reverse was a "new accident". I guess she should have spoken to a lawyer before she called and filed a claim...

She oughta drive it into a wall at full speed, then reverse at full speed into another- that would cut her deductable in half and quadruple State Farm's bill!

That's total bs, she really should crack it up again and file another claim- then cancel.

Personally I would rather she sell her car and give up her license. If you can't make good decisions in your driveway, you shouldn't be on the road...

If not, she could be the next one who hits the gas instead of the brake and launches her car into someones house, or into a crowd of people.

-
Back