True or false cragar 15's in 4 inch bolt pattern?

-
They do not make a 14 x 7 Cragar S/S SBP anymore. I have researched this to no end and there are very few 14" tires being made either. I am going to do the conversion to LBP as soon as I can find the parts.

I wouldn't trust those shipping dates. Call Summit and get that confirmed. But I would tend to believe that you can still get them.

Those "original" Cragar S/S wheels are made from a steel rim attached to an aluminum center. The whole thing is chrome plated.

no doubt the aluminum centers lighten them up. just have to wonder which style rim would do better with its chrome plating???

no doubt the aluminum centers lighten them up. just have to wonder which style rim would do better with its chrome plating???
You don't have any choice when it comes to the Cragars. All the 14"/15" Cragar S/S wheels are constructed the same: Chromed steel rim, chromed aluminum center. Or am I missing the question?

You don't have any choice when it comes to the Cragars. All the 14"/15" Cragar S/S wheels are constructed the same: Chromed steel rim, chromed aluminum center. Or am I missing the question?
Correct a mungo! They have always been that way. (aluminum centers)

A old ad
22_cragar_1964_zpsbeeeeaab.jpg

Correct a mungo! They have always been that way. (aluminum centers)
you are correct, I read their descriptions wrong!!! anybody care to donate for reading glasses!!!!! ha
I still have to wonder if chroming aluminum is a great idea. I know that have been making these wheels for decades. I have seem many look like crap pretty quick.
sill a 14 wheel on sbp is a rare duck. I have no interest in going to 16-17 inch rim anytime soon!

If you take care of them (regular cleaning and a good coat of wax) they will stay nice for a long time. Get any kind of salt on them, or near them, and you'll have a real mess, real fast. But this is pretty much true for any type of custom wheel, really. Now... the thing I really hated about the last Cragars I had are their junky lug nuts and washers, that only they make. Nobody else makes a lug nut to fit these particular wheels. The nuts and especially the washers will rust, or just get crappy looking, long before the wheels themselves will.

-
Back