True Value of working on old Mopars

-

Kmrumedy

Reaction score
The other week I spent a wonderful afternoon working on the old girls (64 and 56 Mopars). As I was finishing up tired, dirty, bleeding, but weirdly satisfied and calm I was reminded of a recent conversation with a friend. He was soap boxing about his views on materialism. How people are owned by their things and couldn't understand me buying and working on old cars. He and many like him miss the point...it's not about owning...

My favourite quote is by an old time mechanic who said this about fixing old cars......

".... it is by our care for a thing, rather than our need or desire for it, that we realize its intrinsic worth."

I tend to agree.

Pics of a great afternoon...

20170610_1639171_zps2rah9z9k.jpg

20170610_1553481_zpsuepmaoka.jpg

20170610_1554341_zpsrls1y7go.jpg

20170610_1555241_zpsiljymywx.jpg

Playing around with some filters trying to make it look like these were from mid 60's instead of this year.
20170610_1551001_zpsxbv5nuhy.jpg

The other week I spent a wonderful afternoon working on the old girls (64 and 56 Mopars). As I was finishing up tired, dirty, bleeding, but weirdly satisfied and calm I was reminded of a recent conversation with a friend. He was soap boxing about his views on materialism. How people are owned by their things and couldn't understand me buying and working on old cars. He and many like him miss the point...it's not about owning...

My favourite quote is by an old time mechanic who said this about fixing old cars......

".... it is by our care for a thing, rather than our need or desire for it, that we realize its intrinsic worth."

I tend to agree.

View attachment 1715062865

View attachment 1715062866

View attachment 1715062867

View attachment 1715062868

Playing around with some filters trying to make it look like these were from mid 60's instead of this year.
View attachment 1715062869
Like, thank and agree.
Beautiful cars you have there. The joy you take in working on them shows.

you are both right.That lady on TV got it right when she said you don't want anything you have look after or worry about unless it is something you enjoy...especially when you retire.

Man my arms are sore just thinkin about all that polishing. Fabulous pair.

Nice cars!!! I do admit tho, getting older and more crippled, I'd enjoy working on them "less"

I've been working on this one for a guy I met at a car show. I enjoy it, and we have become friends. He pays me and buys me lunch. It's not a huge amount, but extra cash never hurts. I never asked, and he can afford it, so I accept it. I can really use it with my current situation, but if he couldn't afford to pay me, I'd help him out anyway.

20170610_164111.jpg

I tend to agree.

View attachment 1715062865

View attachment 1715062866

View attachment 1715062867

View attachment 1715062868

View attachment 1715062869

Dear Sir,
I would like to watch you enjoy re torqueing my aluminum heads (on the driver's side) and repositioning my headers to bolt on accordingly again, driver's side!! I will enjoy this entertainment! :)

-
Back