Trunck floor quicky

-

wirenut

Reaction score
Hi,
The trunk floor of my 65 is kinda crusty, some minor pin holes. It seems that replacing entire floor in overkill. I dont expect to make it perfect, I just want to seal it up and make it reasonabley sound. yes I could weld in a few small patches, just didnt want to get that involved.
Thanks

If they are just pin holes, don't bother with patches, just fill the holes with weld. If it burns out bigger, start where it's thicker until it doesn't burn through and keep filling and then grind it back down to primer and paint. I've filled holes as big as a quarter that way.

Put fiberglass resin down with a brush . Then lay some fiberglass hair down & then pour a little more resin & brush smooth . Done paint it

Weld the holes and to help prevent burning through, hold or clamp a scrap of 1/4" thick aluminum behind where you are welding. The weld will not stick to the aluminum and the molten metal can't fall through creating a larger hole.

Down & dirty....Use some Por 15 or Duro Extend or similar to stop the rust. Then do the fiberglass deal. Simple & cheap, just not very pretty. It can last for years this way.

-
Back