Trunk Light Wiring Question

-

dustermaniac

Reaction score
I ordered a trunk light wiring assy. with the "T" style plug. it is complete including bulb and small metal Switch which would be like a small button mounted on the trunk to turn off/on the trunk light. My question is that I have looked everywhere in my trunk to see where to plug that "T" plug into my existing harness to power up the light and cannot locate anywhere in the harness to plug it in. I am not sure if my car had a trunk light when it was new but all the mounting points for what would appear to be a trunk light assembly are in place. If anyone out here can assist me in connecting up power to the light, I would be grateful for the assistance. Thanks in advance.:cheers: -maniac

Look down along the left wheel well for the wire leading to the dome light in the roof. It should come around inside of the wheel well and then go up into the roof. There should be a connector on it that the trunk light taps into. Plug and play.
If there is no map light switch in the car (bottom of dash by driver's left knee), your car did not come with a trunk light.

I do not have the map light, Now the question is, can I splice into the existing wires and wire in this light? If so, which wires would I need to cut and splice to get this light to work properly?

Shouldn't need to splice at all. The dome light connector has been in every Dart A Body I have had or worked on. Not sure on the Duster/Demon/Dart Sports though. It is where yellowdartdaave described. It will be yellow and pink wires. If this doesn't help let me know and I can post pics of mine. Also can you post a pic of the harness you bought?

Later,
Bruce B.

You wont have to splice. I put one in my '68 Barracuda back in the day. Find the connector for the dome light, disconnect the male and female connectors and connect the trunk light to these two connectors. Easy.

-
Back