trunk seal

-

35regal

Reaction score
i need some help on installing the trunck seal on my 67 notch cuda, it didnt have one when i bought it, so im in the dark on this, any help or pics would be appreciated.

just put one in my valiant. the gasket came with pics but they were so small and my eyes are so crappy I couldn't see it. Last week I stumbled on a pic of somebody's trunk and figured it out.
I'll take a pic or two for ya tommorow. -pauly

Start on the top of the rear body panel near the trunk latch striker in the center. I use 3M Black weatherstrip glue. It dries Fast! Be patient when you get to the curves near the taillight pockets. I usually take the time to apply pressure until the glue dries. Do small sections at a time. Again, the glue dries quick. Bad drawing but you should get the idea!

Attachments

• trunk diagram.jpg
    35.4 KB · Views: 225
Dont mean to hijack this thread, but could any of you recommend a good place to get trunk seal weatherstripping? My 68 notch cuda is without and im assuming its probably different from the fastback. Thanks

Dont mean to hijack this thread, but could any of you recommend a good place to get trunk seal weatherstripping? My 68 notch cuda is without and im assuming its probably different from the fastback. Thanks

Got mine from Metro. Good stuff too! They are the same weatherstrip. I got the one for fastback and had to cut over 3 feet off.

Ebay, Just type in 68 Barracuda trunk seal. $18

yep as mentioned above, metro, steele, and softseal are the big players in this market all make nice stuff! Got mine for about $15 new on eBay not too bad for the duster....

The OEM seal design is pitiful. You can pull a modern tube type seal from a parts yard that will do a better job of sealing. The high pressure car wash wont put water in my trunk.

I got mine from Steele and it's really good unlike some other aftermarket garbage I purchased a few years back that was really narrow and fell off the first time I closed the trunk. BTW, I glued it on with the 3M black snot (that's the technical term everybody knows).

I used black snot on mine too

Attachments

• Demon Build 143.jpg
    102.1 KB · Views: 170
-
Back